Sign in to follow this  
dvdmaniac

Extract Data from DVR System to PC

Hi..

I have a Sanyo DSR2004 system which as you know is not PC based. The problem is that I need to extract the videos from its internal HD to a normal PC due to a hardware failure on the box itself. Could you please help tell me how this can be achieved? Thanks

Hi..

I have a Sanyo DSR2004 system which as you know is not PC based. The problem is that I need to extract the videos from its internal HD to a normal PC due to a hardware failure on the box itself. Could you please help tell me how this can be achieved? Thanks

First off, do you know if this product is under warranty? Sanyo normal warranty for most of their products, including this one, comes with 3 years warranty.. If so, you can send this unit back to Sanyo without hard drives and once you get it back, then just plug in your drives and they will work fine. This is because Sanyo uses hard drives only to store video and the rest of the functionality is stored on flash card...

Second, if for some reason this DVR is not under warranty (it will be difficult to comprehend this because this product was introduced less than 3 years ago), my suggestion is to contact Sanyo technical support at (888) 667-2696 and talk to them... These are group of very well trained professionals and I will be very surprised if they will refuse to help...

Third, PM me... I may be able to get a demo of the same unit and help you to recover your video... hope