bingirl

A new comer knee for IP camera solutions for bank use

Hi guys.

I'm a new comer, thanks for concern at first.

Here I got a project on hand, the customer ask for IP camera, used in bank, both in & out door. No more info for me.

See, I haven't encounter this kind of project before, so I post to ask if any one have experience can share with me some details? I wanna to be professional to catch this customer.

Thank you in advance, anyway.

build a seperate network for it, use poe, get decent IP cams, and select a decent software to record it.

axis ip cams are good for indoors. arecont for out.

Thank you so much,VST_Man.

Huh, of course Axis provide good solutions, but absolutely I don't wanna to ask for competitors.

The customer ask for RFP, SOC, Diagram.......so many sites and each site needs 5 IP cameras, but in fact the bandwidth is only 56K to 2M.....

Goodness!

I hope my solution works anyway.

Amen on the Axis cameras. You certainly do 'get what you pay for' with IP cameras. A bank should certainly be using the 211, 216, 225 or newer domes. Both indoors and out would be no issue. Ditto on the 2nd network with PoE. You want your cameras to keep recording should you ever lose power.

56k to 2M bandwidth is not enough for 5 IP CAMERAS.need increase bandwidth or Restrictions frame rate,and i know that's a kind of ip camera.the date provided is wmv format,maybe help stability and reduce the bandwidth requirements.

be careful not to do all the prep work for them and end up with nothing. "They" submit a RFP (request for proposal), SOW (statement of work), and the site diagrams and you submit a estimate back.

I would NOT do thier homework unless you know you have the job. You may feel like your doing your job but infact you are doing someone else's and most likely you'll end up with nothing...unless you gold plate the SOW to the point that they have to use YOU?

bandwidth, bandwith, bandwith........................

Many banks have leased lines between branch offices and home office. They should get with their data guys and increase the bandwidth to T1s. You are still going to be restricted on fps, but not as bad as 56k...

Banks IT infrastructure is just at another level. Banks will all be running decent high speed WAN. T1 / A or multiple B services to their small offices and will have leased fibre between their data centres so bandwidth will not be an issue. They typically buy Hitachi storage at $15k per terabyte (hard disks), and are leaders in server virtualisation. So It would be sweet if you could land an integrated deal.

Find their IT capacity manager. He should have an idea of server, storage and comms capacity and how to go about integrating the services. Banks IT departments are top tier, so don't even discuss DVR go straight for NVR. If you propose a DVR system they will just think you are out of your depth.

They will supply the storage, servers, and comms, and will need to implement the most of the system in particular server NVR virtualisation and comms QOS. You will not need to do a thing apart from fitting the cameras and setting up the NVR software. Try to get their IT department to do as much as possible. You could learn some really neat tricks. They will have Virtual servers, multiple data centres, Tier 1 storage on SAN and layer upon layer of inbuilt redundancy. They will be able to run the NVR database any where and the captured video anywhere else and move it all at the drop of a hat. All of this infrastructure will already be in place. It will be a real eye opener.

If they don't go for an integrated system, then you can look at anything that fits the budget, DVR or whatever. but they won't let you use any of their infrastructure with out going the whole hog as banks won't tolerate any down time of their financial systems.

build a seperate network for it, use poe, get decent IP cams, and select a decent software to record it.

axis ip cams are good for indoors. arecont for out.

can you elaborate on "decent software" ?

thx