Sign in to follow this  
Dodge

What Cameras?

Iam looking to buy a new box Camera of a very good quality and make that i can use for day and night.

I have been useing Night & day with 40IRS with vari focal but the picture is not clear enough at night to pick out faces .

Ihave come to the conclusion that these all in one cameras are not up to the job yes you can see for miles at night but you dont know what you are looking at and yes i could see someone breaking in but who?

So now i am looking to you experts out there for which camera to get.

Iam looking to buy a new box Camera of a very good quality and make that i can use for day and night.

I have been useing Night & day with 40IRS with vari focal but the picture is not clear enough at night to pick out faces .

Ihave come to the conclusion that these all in one cameras are not up to the job yes you can see for miles at night but you dont know what you are looking at and yes i could see someone breaking in but who?

So now i am looking to you experts out there for which camera to get.

Few questions for you if I may...

1. how can you describe the lighting conditions where this camera will be pointed to? Do you have any lights and if so, how far or close?

2. IR cameras are well, work good in some cases... and it cheap and does fairly good job for most.. but if you want good quality picture with excellent color during the day and B&W during the night, then you need boxed camera with IR corrected lens and housing with heater and blower (so that if the weather changes to hot or cold or back to hot, both heater and blower in this housing will make sure that all the electronics are intact)

3. having a good camera equipment is only half of your battle... then you need good quality DVR that is easy to operate and should give you same performance record playback quality...

4. monitor - what is amazing is that many cases when we put together equipment list, nobody cares for good monitor and everyone is looking at cheap monitors.. Well, you can have the best camera equipment and the DVR, but what you feed will not be seen on the monitor... so, keep this in mind as well..

When you make the selection, it is possible to have combination of several manufacturers equipment - this way you are choosing right components from each manufacturer.. there will never be a situation that one manufacturer can provide you a complete equipment and best results... similar to how computer industry operates..

Here is the kicker - make sure everything that you purchase come with three years warranty! I am sure some of the members will have their say about this, but regardless, cover your investment with best warranty you can get and anything less than three years warranty, well there must be reasons for it..