pgh-matt

Upgrading from time lapse to DVR

Hey all,

I am looking to upgrade our current time lapse recordings to dvr systems. We have several time lapse systems throughout various buildings that we have. I am looking for recommendations for good 16 channel, 480 ips systems that can be accessed via the web. The Nuvico NVDV4-16000N has been suggested to me. I have looked into it pretty extensively and it appears to be a good system.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? One thing that I would like to do is to be able to backup the recordings.

Thanks

Matt

Hey all,

I am looking to upgrade our current time lapse recordings to dvr systems. We have several time lapse systems throughout various buildings that we have. I am looking for recommendations for good 16 channel, 480 ips systems that can be accessed via the web. The Nuvico NVDV4-16000N has been suggested to me. I have looked into it pretty extensively and it appears to be a good system.

Does anyone have any other suggestions? One thing that I would like to do is to be able to backup the recordings.

Thanks

Matt

Matt, I am not familiar with anything Nuvico, but is there reason why you need 480 FPS box anyway? Do you intend to have very large storage, like more than 1TB and higher at this frame rate and resolution??

Do you know anything about embedded systems, which are non-Windows and non-Linux based system...? Very basic and simple systems that operate without any of the inherent problems known with both operating systems...

Price is important and with major brand name products, you can get better pricing and more importantly, three years warranty... and they work day in and day out without any need for updates or upgrades of any sort that are common for Windows and Linux based systems...

If interested, please let me know.. and I can make some recommendations from Sanyo, Mitsubishi (anything Mitsubishi comes with five years warranty) and few others..

I would go for GEOVISION, either prebuild or buy yourself and build/config,

1280 card is fine with SMART record (uses frames from inactive cameras to bump up recroding on active cameras) or gv1480 and not muck around,

It will do all you want and more

I give a 3 year wty with my DVR's now- geo cards have 3 yrs, ram is lifetime, hdd's are the only prob but they are cheap nowdays to replace every few years if you have to,

COOLING is the issue for reliable pc's (pc based dvr's) ,

I wouldn't bother with anything else, and it should be competitive on price to considering the costs of PC's these days.