kao

Balun Recommendation

I've only used baluns in a few installations. They were very short runs and are working fine.

However I am interested in using Cat5 for some moderate installations where I would normally use coax.

I have been using the Sanyo PanFocus products and really like them. I know its not necessary, but I would like to enable the powered zoom from the dvr, however I do not want to run an extra pair of cables with each rg59 siamese run.

I figure if baluns are all they are cracked up to be, I'll run cat 5 for power, video and data.

I am looking for experienced recommendations for NVT, Nitek or other quality balun that would work for the application I just described.

Distance isnt a big deal most of the time...less than 400ft runs - so Active isnt a big priority.

If anyone would be so kind, I'd like part numbers for passive (and active if you have them handy) for baluns that are set up for power, video and data handling.

I normally buy from Northern Video Systems, but if you are a dealer, feel free to shoot me a PM with competitive pricing. I would rather buy from someone that has actuall experience using these products than from a distributor that doesnt have any practical support.

Hello! Glad to hear you buy from Northern!

Here are a couple of Part numbers for Vigitron and NVT. Both of these are passive and not recommended over 750'

Vigitron:

Video/Power/Data VI1053VPD

NVT:

Video/Power/Data NV-218A-PVD

Either of those parts should work fine. I do not see any part numbers for active receivers, though there are a couple hubs that handle Video Power Data.

For more information, PM me or:

www.vigitron.com

www.nvt.com

Hi, Kao, if you would like to have a try with UTP Baluns that made in China, you may turn to me. Some of Chinese-made baluns is beyond what you think in performance. The prices are still competetive.