wilson

AVT AVC777, NOT RECORDING PROPERLY. PLEASE HELP

HI, I AM HAVING ISSUES WITH MY AVC777. IT ONLY RECORDS AND STORES A FEW DAYS WORTH OF FOOTAGE. WHEN I GO TO SEARCH THEN TO FULL LIST, THE LIST OF RECORDINGS ONLY GOES BACK 1-2 DAYS. AFTER CHECKING IT OVER THE WEEK I NOTICED THE OLDEST DATED RECORDING DISSAPEARS, SEEMINGLY TO MAKE WAY FOR THE NEW FOOTAGE. THERE SHOULD BE WEEKS IF NOT MONTHS OF SPACE AS I HAVE ONLY BEEN USING 1 CAMERA. THE HDD IS 120GGB'S.

ALSO, THE RED LIGHT WHERE IT SAYS HDD FLICKERS ON AND OFF REALLY QUICKLY. IS THIS NORMAL.

I LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR RESPONSES, THANKYOU. WILSON

Merry Christmas!

Possibly the other 15 cameras are not turned off & the DVR is taking up space for them on the HDD.

Try going into programing and turning off the other 15 cameras.

I'm not familiar with this DVR but many allow you to program camera inputs individually.

Sometimes you can program the other cameras to poor recording quality or to a lower frame rate or to even a zero frame rate. All this extends the space on HDD.

Check your installation manual.

Hope this helps.

You have set the hard drive to over write. This tells me that you have a manual, and that you have set up the DVR.

If you do not have a manual then you can go to my website, and you can download it.

If you had all sixteen cameras hooked up to it then it would be normal for you to only have 2 1/2 days of recording.

I agree with Gyro Gearloose's post.

The LED flickering means that there is data going to, or coming from the hard drive. This is normal. It should not be flickering if the record light is off.

Do you have this DVR set for motion?

Is there a lot of activity in front of this camera?

I was wondering if you could mask off some areas that are triggering the detection, such as bushes, and branches that are seen by outdoor cameras, or if you could mask off areas where people are sitting, or walking but out of the area that you are wanting to record the action on indoor cameras?

Go to page 14 of the manual.

The section that says RECORD. In the far right column you will set it for EVENT, or NORMAL, or OFF. On channels 2 - 16 select OFF.

If you need to make changes to the detection area, or to mask off an area you will need to press enter twice. This is where you will see the camera view with an overlay. If I remember right * are non recording, and O will activating recording.

You may also want to get a larger hard drive, or insert another one in the second bay. (Note to others! Turn off the DVR as the hard drives are not hot swappable, and you will fry the hard drives if you remove them with power on).

With all thanks to Gyro Gearloose and Scorpion.

Im pretty sure the problem was because i had cameras 2-16 active.

Hopefully there will now be plenty of recording space.

I learnt how not to blow my HDD. I had hot swapped in the past, +

That bit about motion trigger sensitivity involving * and 0 will be usefull at a latter date; and so will the manual.

Thanks fellas, Wilson