VST_Man

Power Supply amps....

I have (2) IR camera's that require more amps than the rated amp output of the distro pannel I have. Is there a way to increase the amps when using a DC distro pannel w/500 mA output? I need to bump up the amps (1.25 amps) in order to get the IR's working and do not want to put those camera's on a seperate DC power supply. Or do I need to buy a better disto unit?

There isn't anyway to increase the current output of a supply higher than it's total current output. If the max output is 500ma then that's all your going to squeeze out of it. Your only option is to install a higher current capacity supply.

Randy, you can not increase the power supply current rating, but there is a solution with a different power supply. It is made by Altronix and it provides 4 outputs with up to 4A available and voltage can be adjusted between 6vdc to 15vdc. Here is the url for you:http://altronix.com/p_html/ALTV615DC44ULM.htm

Thanks,

Levon

I've wondered that if you are being limited by the max current per output (but not by the total supply current) if it were possible to tie two of the supply outputs together to meet the current demand (assuming of course that the wire guage was suffient for the run).