Securitymaster

Help with GE camera

Hello,

Camera facing the front of my house, looking down the street.

Ok, here's my problem.

I have a GE Wide Dynamic D/N camera, model GEC-HDR1-DN.

http://www.gesecurity.com/portal/site/GESecurity/menuitem.f76d98ccce4cabed5efa421766030730?selectedID=116871&seriesyn=true&seriesID=

Right now, I have it hooked up to a manual iris 3.5-8mm lens.

During the day, this is the pic I get:

cam.jpg

But at night time, the BW picture comes in crystal clear.

cam2.jpg

If I adjust the iris during the day, the camera looks flawless, but at night you can bearly see anything. I've been thinking a autoiris lens that I have here, just not sure if there are more settings that I could play with in the camera's menu.

Before I spend the $$ for a good lens, I would like to get some opinions first.

Thanks.

Hi there,

You need to turn electronic iris on, this allows a camera to cope with bright light when you don't have a lens with a motorised iris.

Electronic iris simulates the iris closing by increasing the shutter speed of the camera, in effect closing it's eye for a fraction of a second. It may be called something other than electronic iris but it will be there.

If you use EI you can open your lens iris fully and the image will not white out in sunlight, and you won't harm the low light performance.

Personally I set the iris a touch back from fully open as some lenses can lose a bit of sharpness when fully open but that may just be me.

Pat.

Edited by Guest

Nope.

I'm Robert.

I found a setting that let me change the image mode to WDR and opened the shutter speed to 160.

This is what I now get:

cam3.jpg

Much better improvement, but I still think that a better lens would be the ticket.

I'll wait to see how it looks tonight and will post image.

Thanks for the help.

Something tells me that you are... I will confirm it shortly... Did you not post about CCTVKings.com topic few days ago, which leads to owner being Hermin Sanchez?

Or, are you using a username that belonged to Hermin Sanchez?

The only Hermin Sanchez that I know in this area has been in Jail since last year. I know of all the scams that he was running, which created many problems for some of us (installers) back then.

So to re-answer your question, My name is Robert Santiago, not Hermin Sanchez.

And I wonder how you came to the conclusion that the cctvkings.com is owned by Hermin Sanchez?

When in the WHOIS registar is listed as unknown, because I have it set that way?

BACK TO THE TOPIC AT HAND:

It's now dark outside, here's what the pic looks like before it switches to Night mode:

cam4.jpg

I have it set at a schedule, from 6AM to 6PM on Day mode, 6PM to 6AM night mode. I hope this helps me out.

WDR Camera really has lot function, sometimes people didn't really realized that what is used for, suggest just use that camera with default setting is OK, if some special location, you should ask someone, like some expert said.

Hi, Guys,

Is there any body used PIXIM DPS WDR Cameras? Now, we just finished the develop step, and will has finished WDR PIXIM camera to market, also lot function with it! Need people to give me some opinion about it!

Like impression about this, or some experience!

Hi, Guys,

Is there any body used PIXIM DPS WDR Cameras? Now, we just finished the develop step, and will has finished WDR PIXIM camera to market, also lot function with it! Need people to give me some opinion about it!

Like impression about this, or some experience!

Yeah, I have a GE WDR camera right here with the Pixem chip. This is the 3rd generation one. Their 1st generation one sucked, so hopefully this is better. I just got a lens finally yesterday to test it, so will see how it is.

WDR Camera really has lot function, sometimes people didn't really realized that what is used for, suggest just use that camera with default setting is OK, if some special location, you should ask someone, like some expert said.

Hey buddy, I have been doing security installs for over 10 years.

I'm asking because like almost everyone here, we don't always have all the answers, so we rely on others to share information and learn something new.

I mean, there is a reason GE sent me this camera as a BETA.

Oh yeah, I have the same camera. Tested this one, but not the Ultraview 3rd gen yet. Just got a decent lens yesterday; had the cameras now for a few months though, tested the DN one with an old lens. I have the Day Night CCD camera as well as the Ultraview CMOS. The Day Night (one you have) is not really WDR though.

I prefer the older KTC-2000DN Camera over this Day Night one.

http://www.gesecurity.com/portal/site/GESecurity/menuitem.f76d98ccce4cabed5efa421766030730?selectedID=7646&seriesyn=true&seriesID=

Hi,

You say you have set the shutter speed to 1/160s. In my mind that sounds wrong. If you are using a manual iris lens you shouldn't have a fixed shutter speed if you want the camera to adjust for bright light, it will also reduce your low light perfomance.

You need to let the camera control the shutter speed across it's full range ie 1/50 to 1/100,000s (usually) something I would call electronic iris in the UK.

If things don't go well do you have a manual you could point me to?

Pat.

That is what I was thinking today when I looked at the camera, but nowhere is there a setting for "electronic iris", or something similar.

This is the pic that I have now:

cam6.jpg

I'm looking for the manual now.

Thanks for all the help.

The only Hermin Sanchez that I know in this area has been in Jail since last year. I know of all the scams that he was running, which created many problems for some of us (installers) back then.

So to re-answer your question, My name is Robert Santiago, not Hermin Sanchez.

And I wonder how you came to the conclusion that the cctvkings.com is owned by Hermin Sanchez?

When in the WHOIS registar is listed as unknown, because I have it set that way?

Very funny how you can have the reigstrar information avail one day and not there next day... However...

I agree with you that he was and still is a crook and will remain as such. Not enough energy could be put in place to make sure that he stay in the jail, if he is in the jail... or was he deported or was he in and out of jail in different states? He was a garbage then and still a garbage today and will remain as such in the minds of the professionals in this forum, as well as in other professional forums.

Here is a clear indication how you are contradicting yourself and in a major way...

Your post in this forum: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=11012&highlight=cctvkings - and you are stating that you just bought this domain name...

Here is url for who owns it: http://www.whois.ws/whois-com/ip-address/cctvkings.com/ and with following credentials:

Registrar: TUCOWS INC.

Whois Server: whois.tucows.com

Referral URL: http://domainhelp.opensrs.net

Expiration Date: 2008-12-28

Creation Date: 2007-12-28

Last Update Date: 2007-12-28

Name Servers:

ns1.lunarmania.com

ns2.lunarmania.com

Extended Info

IP Address: 67.210.98.50

Website Status: inactive

Cache Date: 2008-01-05 19:47:53 MST

Available Domains

Unable to retrieve Available Domains.

Whois Registrant:

Hermin Sanchez

26 Albert Place

Waterbury, CT 06702

US

Domain name: CCTVKINGS.COM

Administrative Contact:

Sanchez, Hermin

26 Albert Place

Waterbury, CT 06702

US

+1.2037063686

If you say that you are not that crook, as you also described this person, then why are you using his name to purchase a domain name only a week ago?? Was it by chance that you stumble over his name and decided to use him as owner of this domain name or was it something else?? I wander what is the benefit of such ownership, unless...

You are not very clear who you really are.. and the above evidence shows it unquestionably...

Bad move from your part.. very bad... and playing with the integrity of this forum, which has shown to be very useful for our community!

What if anything that you will say to question the above evidence anyway?

What if anything that you will say to question the above evidence anyway?

Uhm, that you are a very lonely man, and I feel sorry for you?

Do you really have nothing better to do?

He must have really screwed you for someone with "your integrity" to have the time to work on this.

Funny thing is that I just looked up my domain everywhere, and it comes up the way it's supposed to, except the link that YOU provided?

Here are the links that I have:

http://www.register.com/whois_info.rcmx?requestType=validate_challenge

http://resellers.tucows.com/whois/index_html

Whois info for, cctvkings.com:

Registrant:

CCTV KINGS, LLC

132 West Main St, Suite 540

Waterbury, CT 06710

US

Domain name: CCTVKINGS.COM

Administrative Contact:

Santiago, Roberto robertsec@gmail.com

Waterbury, CT 06710

US

203-565-9969 Fax: 203-565-9968

Technical Contact:

Santiago, Roberto robertsec@gmail.com

Waterbury, CT 06710

US

203-565-9969 Fax: 203-565-9968

Registrar of Record: TUCOWS, INC.

Record last updated on 06-Jan-2008.

Record expires on 28-Dec-2008.

Record created on 28-Dec-2007.

Registrar Domain Name Help Center:

http://domainhelp.tucows.com

Domain servers in listed order:

NS2.LUNARMANIA.COM

NS1.LUNARMANIA.COM

Domain status: ok

The Data in the Tucows Registrar WHOIS database is provided to you by Tucows

for information purposes only, and may be used to assist you in obtaining

information about or related to a domain name's registration record.

Tucows makes this information available "as is," and does not guarantee its

accuracy.

By submitting a WHOIS query, you agree that you will use this data only for

lawful purposes and that, under no circumstances will you use this data to:

a) allow, enable, or otherwise support the transmission by e-mail,

telephone, or facsimile of mass, unsolicited, commercial advertising or

solicitations to entities other than the data recipient's own existing

customers; or (b) enable high volume, automated, electronic processes that

send queries or data to the systems of any Registry Operator or

ICANN-Accredited registrar, except as reasonably necessary to register

domain names or modify existing registrations.

The compilation, repackaging, dissemination or other use of this Data is

expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Tucows.

Tucows reserves the right to terminate your access to the Tucows WHOIS

database in its sole discretion, including without limitation, for excessive

querying of the WHOIS database or for failure to otherwise abide by this

policy.

Tucows reserves the right to modify these terms at any time.

By submitting this query, you agree to abide by these terms.

NOTE: THE WHOIS DATABASE IS A CONTACT DATABASE ONLY. LACK OF A DOMAIN

RECORD DOES NOT SIGNIFY DOMAIN AVAILABILITY.

...So please, go bother someone else who has the time. I'm not going to keep playing this game with you, I already told you, I know who he is, he is in jail, and if he's not, I'm not him. I made a post to get help on a particular problem, and I got some great answers. This is one reason that I see since 2005 why after a little while most users just don't bother coming back. So please whatever problem it is that you are having, keep it to yourself.

Back to the topic at hand...

Oh yeah, one more thing, just in case there is any doubts, the registar data says that it was last updated today, Jan 6, 2008, because I accessed it from my control panel from my hosting service.

Oh yeah, one more thing, just in case there is any doubts, the registar data says that it was last updated today, Jan 6, 2008, because I accessed it from my control panel from my hosting service.

Hermin, you are not doing a good job to convince me or anyone else and trying to hide behind something that you do not even know how to do it properly... Looks like you are the only member in this forum that is very lonly and plays games to hide and lie to just be around. And, I do not feel sorry for you at all nor anyone else who knows who Hermin Sanchez really is...

Here is a url that finalizes my suspicion and it became reality!

http://www.whois.ws/whois-com/ip-address/cctvkings.com/

So, this registrar is lying too or you again got cut???

Amazing that you will call yourself names such us "The only Hermin Sanchez that I know in this area has been in Jail since last year. I know of all the scams that he was running, which created many problems for some of us (installers) back then. " Wow, man you are something else and calling yourself scammer... and I am sure I will never find anyone to call themselves that...

Man, least you can do is not to put yourself down any further that you have done already... You are a shame to this industry. I will confirm shortly your "jail" status or "back to States" status, and trust me, you are very easy to find... and your tactics in manipulation of website information or trying to hide behind it or trying to change to cover your tracks do not and will never work... You were, still are and always will be a crook and criminal.. People like you are the ones who give all this industry professional a bad name...

Stay tunned.. more will follow... I can almost bet that if I were to just to a search in this forum, your name will pup up under this username... which again validates my suspicion.. which is now a reality.

Moderators of this forum most likely do not know who you are or may know.. and if not, I will let them know immediately. If they choose to keep you around, then at least people will know who you really are!