Gesualdo

power supplies

Ok, educate me...

I bought the extreme ex82 camera with the black diamond ir and was so impressed I bought another. THe first one came with their power supply exps.008 24v 1A, the new one came with the exps.009 24v 2.5A. I'm told they are discontinuing the exps.008.

so my question is, is there going to be a difference in performance and do I need to be concerned about either one. The pdf page lists the exps.009 as the correct power supply.

Thanks,

Gesualdo

The previous EX82's didnt need more than the 24VAC 1A Transformer (or 12VDC 2A), not sure if the Black Diamond uses more Amps or not, best to ask Extreme.

Thanks Rory, I was going to do that on Monday, I thought I would try to get some expert advice sooner. Will let you know what I find out.

Gesualdo

Ok, yeah didnt use one of those yet, client is about to add some though, have to actually replace one of the old ones from way back when ... has issues with the color camera's AI.

In general, use the most powerful transformer (AC) or Power Supply (DC) that is normally available. If I knew that my "load" was going to be around 2 or 3 amps, I myself would make sure that I had a 4 or 6 amp power supply. Will just run a lot cooler and have less strain on the transformer and Rectifier circuits. I just got in several 6 amp 24vac transformers for a project I am working on. Those 6a transformers are very heavy, but I know they are way more than what I need, and they will run cool inside the panel.