securitysys

GV-IP Camera

Can this ip camera be connected directly to a Geovision DVR and function alongside cctv cameras? I see there is an "add ip camera" in the software, but I'm not so sure this would work. Is there something additional thats required to go between the cam and dvr? How does it get power, I read it's POE... how exactly does that work? I know ip cameras generally need to be connected to a NVR, avoiding the need for a video capture card, but requiring NVR software. Can someone break it down for me?

Any feedback wanted!

http://demo1.dvr.no demo + demo

http://demo2.dvr.no demo + demo

Thanks

JD

I loaded the ActiveX then shutdown the browser, then returned screen went either black or purple. Only after I clicked did the GUI or anything else display. Then the GUI is illegible but i know enough Geo GUI to guess correctly. The substream works okay, the main stream never did.

Can this ip camera be connected directly to a Geovision DVR and function alongside cctv cameras? I see there is an "add ip camera" in the software, but I'm not so sure this would work. Is there something additional thats required to go between the cam and dvr? How does it get power, I read it's POE... how exactly does that work? I know ip cameras generally need to be connected to a NVR, avoiding the need for a video capture card, but requiring NVR software. Can someone break it down for me?

Yes, you can integrate the GV IP camera into GeoVision software.

Yes, it is under " Add IP Camera section " But you have to use version 8.2....

By doing the integration with DVR, you can have use all the functions under the DVR and applied to GV IP cameras... by the way, there is no extra procedures you need to do...

By doing the integration with GV NVR < pure software only, no capture cards >, you can have use all the functions under the GV NVR and applied to GV IP cameras... by the way, you need to purchase a USB dongle for GV NVR software.

Any questions, please let me know....

Sincerely,

Andy Chen

Technical Support

GeoVision. Inc.

+886-2-8797-8377 ext 287