securitysys

GV-IP Camera

Does anyone have any more information on the GV-IP camera other then what's posted on the Geovision website?

Any pricing?

Thanks!

Pricing havent been released yet, I asked them 2 weeks ago!

I will have a test unit next week or late this week.

Maybe I put a link in here then!

JD

I would also like to know the price on this cams..Has any one found out any info other than whats on there page?

Does anyone have any more information on the GV-IP camera other then what's posted on the Geovision website?

Any pricing?

Thanks!

Pricing havent been released yet, I asked them 2 weeks ago!

I will have a test unit next week or late this week.

Maybe I put a link in here then!

JD

The IP Camera left Taipei today so then will it arrive early next week!

I also should tell you that you need dongles to use with Geovision DVR/NVR system (I think). But a strate forward web(IE) should work I also have some CMS software for it that I already have in hand.

But price I dont know yet!

JD

Here is an adress to try the GV-IP CAM:

http://norge.dipmap.com:2280

Username: demo

Password: demo

I havent tested it from outside the FW yet, but I think everything should be opened.

You need probably to lower your axtiveX settings in IE, as I guess you all are familliar with.

I will also put out a H.264 Ip camera so that we can test them both!

If somethings fails, just poost here!

JD

crashed IE and subsequently Explorer.exe for me, I dont see why they have it as a web page since you have to actually install the application anyway, then it just runs in IE .. man Geo needs to do better, or better yet find a better OEM for their IP Camera!

CANT GET IN???

Iam missing info on what port the video stream is using, so I cant open it in the FW,will repost when ready-

JD

You can use the manufacture link as well:

http://202.168.200.158/

Username: User (case sensitive)

Password: 4321

It may not work on vista, and you may have to wait a couple of minutes for it to even prompt you to install the activex control.

Good Luck!

GeoIPError.gif

LOL, you got a waterfall as cooling in your computer Rory? Isnt it much noise from it? LOL

JD

thats the error from the Geo IP ActiveX Control after it installed something on my computer .. it then proceeds to crash IE and Explorer.exe ..

they need to check where they OEMing that Camera from cause they software is hazardous.

i cant still open the link.Whats so good or bad about this cam?

We better wait till over the weekend, regarding the camera it is a new camera that Geovision (OEM) will be selling and this camera will then match up with the Geovision DVR and NVR.

It is a MegaPixel Camera with 1,3M Pixels compared to todays analog cameras this should give us something better picture quality, but will we be satisfied?

I will also set up a H.264 so that we can compare an analog camera using H.264 vs. a megapix camera.

JD

Any word on this can yet???

Hi! I think it is my router that is messing up a bit here, everything seems ok, on LAN, but on WAN I cant get videostream, only menu etc.

So need to check this more before a demo, anyway I will be haeding for China in a few days and will be away for a long time, so I am not sure If I get time to get it off. But I will ask someone check this and have a look on the router and I will then post if any news.

JD

Then the camera is working on WAN

http://norge.dipmap.com:2280

It seems like nothing happens but the download of the activeX is slow, the upload speed on this internet connection is 256KB so not much.

U = demo

P = demo

JD