Scruit

New camera installed

71573_1.jpg

I moved my license plate camers from under an eave into it's own housing with heater/fan. It gives a better angle. Cars drive directly towards the camera instead of past it at a 20 degree angle)

Critique welcome...

Cool. .. looks neat.

OEM housing though?

Easy to get to for regular cleaning?

How strong is that siding though, will the camera sway in the wind or is it secured beyond that?

Cool. .. looks neat.

OEM housing though?

Easy to get to for regular cleaning?

How strong is that siding though, will the camera sway in the wind or is it secured beyond that?

There is a window just a couple of inches out of shot above the housing that I can open and either step out onto the roof, or just lean out and work on it. The window is low enough that I can kneel on the floor inside the room, lean out of the window, open the housing cover and access the camera and all of the wiring easily.

The siding is not very strong - the 3 bolts go through the siding, through the plywood side of the house and are the type that expand on the back as you tighten them. The arm flexes about 1/2" on the end if I try to push it sideways.

The edges and screw holes of the mount arm and the junction box are sealed with silicone. The inside of the house has a blank plate in the drywall were the wiring comes in and allows access for repair etc. From there the wire goes down through the inside of the stud wall into the garage and the makes it's way to the DVR.

71413_1.jpg

There is no exposed wiring inside the house (apart from across the garage ceiling. The wiring outside is protected using liquid-tight conduit (that includes a drip loop).

I'd have preferred a less conspicuous location - but the image from here is much better for license plate capture.

What camera did you use. I am looking to do a similar setup for license plate capture.

Thank you

Camera is a Supercircuits PC-23C. Current lens is a Computar 60mm (aiming at cars 60' away). It has a 850nm IR Pass filter and a seperate Panvigor 850nm Illuminator.

I have an auto-iris lens on the way to try to improve the capture ratio under extreme lighting conditions.

This is a worst-case scenario - at night, car facing the camer with hi-beams on.

71426_1.jpg

Hi,

Thank you for the info. I went to Supercircuits website and didn't find the model Supercircuits PC-23C. Can you PM me a link on it.

Thank you

Hi,

Thank you for the info. I went to Supercircuits website and didn't find the model Supercircuits PC-23C. Can you PM me a link on it.

Thank you

I've had this camera for a couple years, got it used from a Bank. It's popular in astronomy circles becuase of it's good low-light performance. May be discontinued.

Nice install, check out Videotec Housings. The PUNTO is made of technopolymer meaning it is light weight yet vandal proof. Or you could go extreme and purchase a HGV designed for the largest lenses on the market!