radman

Resonable Price Dome Camera?

I am looking for a resonably priced C/BW dome camera for outside use with V/low lux! I know there are loads on E**y but are there any good ones Thanks, John.

Looks like you are located in U.K... Not sure which one I can recommend, since I do not know how you can get them... Excellent options are avail from Sanyo and CBC, but again, I can not recommend anyone in U.K... sorry.

If you want the model numbers, let me know.

Hello John

Maybe steer clear of Ebay, especially if you are looking for an infrared dome. Lots of the not so high quality IR domes suffer from reflection problems in low light and dark conditions.

Thanks all for the input I looked at a couple like Pelco and a couple of others that use coax and not RS-485 and to use converters makes it too expensive for home use as I want to intergrate it with my Geovision GV-1240. John.

There are some no name OEM domes but cant say I have used one that I can recommend yet, and for the UK I imagine you would be looking at Sanyo, Sony (actual brand name not just the CCD!), Ganz, for example brand names.

Hi Rory that the problem the spec sound good on some of these no name Domes but the unknown thing is the quality and performance! so I will keep looking for a branded product at a resonable price! thanks,

John.

Yep, specs can be misleading with OEM cameras .. and even just down right incorrect in many cases