Scruit

Motion Detect

Do you use motion detect exclusively? Or do you use manual recording?

I wanted to use manual + motion on this CPD507 because I can set the manual framerate to be very low and motion record to max.

The manual says that motion record can be set to group mode, meaning "the channels that are recording" will share the max framerate.

ie Channels 1-4 = group 1. They share 30fps

Channels 5-8 = group 2. They share 30fps.

The manual gave the example that if only 1 channel is recording then it gets 30fps. If two are recording then they get 15fps each. Fair enough.

Problem is that when I have manual recording set on then ALL channels are recording, and it appears that even though only one channel in the group has motion, that one channel does not get 30 fps, it's actually closer to 7.5fps.

I guess I can get around this by recording motion only (no manual record) and use the pre-event option also. I just have to make sure my motion setup is good.

not posative, but it sounded like scorpion said earlier that the only way to get the frame rate up higher than the 7.5 is to actually shut off the other channels on the bank in the menu system, otherwise they share the 30 all the time...

not posative, but it sounded like scorpion said earlier that the only way to get the frame rate up higher than the 7.5 is to actually shut off the other channels on the bank in the menu system, otherwise they share the 30 all the time...

The manual says you can spread the framerate evenly, or across "the channels that are recording". I'll have to recheck and make sure I'm not using 'Fixed' mode (7.5fps per channel).

The manual says you can spread the framerate evenly, or across "the channels that are recording". I'll have to recheck and make sure I'm not using 'Fixed' mode (7.5fps per channel).

I am using Group mode. What I have noticed is that if I turn manual recording off, and then there is motion in ONE camera, then all cameras start to record and share the framerate. The is exactly the same behavior as 'fix' mode instead of group mode.

Any clues? Any way to configure the DVR to only ramp up the channels that are actually seeing motion and the rest stay at manual record framerate?

Followup: I called CPCam support and they informed me that the "group" vs "fix" mode refers to the number of channels that have cameras attached.

For example, Group 1 = channels 1-4, and shares 30fps in Frame mode. Fix mode will split those 30 fps evenly across the 4 channels, even if you only have cameras on channels 1 and 2. So ch1 gets 7.5fps, ch2 gets 7.5fps, and the unused ch3 and ch4 also get 7.5

In Group mode it senses which channels have cameras connected and shares the 30fps between those - ie if you only have ch1 and ch2 connected then they will get 30fps each and ch3 and ch4 are ignored.

The "max framerate for motion-only" feature on the CPD576W (that allows the non-motion channels to stay at the lower manual record rate while the cameras *with* motion shared the max framerate) no longer exists in the CPD507HC.

Do you have a reg 507, or do you have the 507HC (AVD 717)?

In the menu tree for the 507HC under record heading there is a selection

Total IPS share.

Any ideas what this is? I thought this was the same as the reg 505/507.

See the manual for IPS share for the 505/507 page 16.

I do not have a manual for the 507HC. I do have on my website a "quickguide" for the HC.

I have never used the 507HC so I am curious.

I thought it was the same DVR as the reg 507 with a "frankenstien" build to add everything together?

NOTE: When users choose the image size as “CIFâ€

In manual record you are splitting the IPS evenly among all 16 channels.

You can record at 15 IPS. Divided by 16 channels this will get you a series of snapshots of what is going on, and then when someone walks in front of one of the cameras it should go to motion, and group should give the camera more IPS.

Do not have two cameras looking at an entry way that is in the same group. You will then activate motion on two camera that will split the IPS.

Do you have a reg 507, or do you have the 507HC (AVD 717)?

In the menu tree for the 507HC under record heading there is a selection

Total IPS share.

Any ideas what this is? I thought this was the same as the reg 505/507.

See the manual for IPS share for the 505/507 page 16.

I do not have a manual for the 507HC. I do have on my website a "quickguide" for the HC.

I have never used the 507HC so I am curious.

I thought it was the same DVR as the reg 507 with a "frankenstien" build to add everything together?

NOTE: When users choose the image size as “CIFâ€

In manual record you are splitting the IPS evenly among all 16 channels.

You can record at 15 IPS. Divided by 16 channels this will get you a series of snapshots of what is going on, and then when someone walks in front of one of the cameras it should go to motion, and group should give the camera more IPS.

Do not have two cameras looking at an entry way that is in the same group. You will then activate motion on two camera that will split the IPS.

My manual record is set to 15fps. Alarm record is 120fps total. This is in Frame/D1 mode.

As far as having two cams showing he same thing in the same group... I *thought* it would work that way, but it doesn't. if I turn manual record off (and the green record icons on each channel turn off) then any motion in ANY ONE channel will make 9 channels with-cameras-attached start recording (green record icons all appear together) and share 120. (in groups of 30fps /4channels. of course) It doesn't use the 120fps JUST for channels with motion. I observed this behaviour, and confirmed with CPCam support. I wish they ekpt the "alarm fps is just for channels with an alarm condition" feature from the 576, but alas no.

ie if I have two cams on the front door and two on the back door. Common sense would say put ONE front and ONE back in group 1, and the OTHER front and OTHER back in group 2. If someone goes to the back door then group 1 will give the front camera 1fps an the rear cameras 29fps, and group 2 will do the same for the other 2 cameras... BUT IT DOESN'T!!! Motion on any camera will make all channels record. So the 2 front cameras and 2 back cameras will get 15fps each regardless of is ther are split across group 1 and 2 as above, or if you have the 2 fronts in group 1 and the 2 backs in group 2. I really hope CPCam considers fixing that to leave non-motion channels at manual record rate.

Right now I have my screens split across the 4 groups as 2, 2, 2 and 3.

The license plate camera is being looped out of the 507HC to a seperate 4ch DVR that does 30fps and I have the camera going into ch1 then looped into ch1. ch1 has brightness/contrast settings that work for night, ch2 has brightess/contrast settings that work for daytime. The camera itself can see a license plate perfectly will under all lighting conditions, day/night, car with hi-beams aimed at camera etc - the brightness/contrast just provide a little extra help for reading the plate. The 507HC record the LP cam in default brightness/contrast. This gives me 3 seperate recordings of the same license plate image (with no quality loss - because I'm looping instead of just splitting). The hope is that at least one of the recordings has the 'right' brightness and contrast.

I cannot read the plate on my car - but that's by design. My wife's car is easy to read the plate on, every time. Since adding the auto-iris lens to the LP camera I have read every plate that has come into my driveway (except where I couldn't even have read the plate with the naked eye)

Edited by Guest