ashoka

Hello my dear freinds, I am Ashok from bangalore,India

I have just started selling and installing CCTV in my area. I request you all to help me solve my problems. recently I installed one AVC 761 with250 GB segate HDD which is my first stand alone DVR! I am not happy with the performance. first of all in quad mode, there is flicker. picture is not very sharp when compared to PC based DVR card. While in play back mode, Video is jerky. for your information, I have installed 1/3" inch Sony CCD single PCB dome cameras with this DVR. The location is shopfloors of engineering fabrication industry and one camera is focussed to the main gate of the factory.

When I tried to use Video server software, I am able to login but i get only a still image on the screen. if I try to access the menu, It appears doing nothing. Please comment.

What DVR card are you comparing it to?

The AVTech AVC 761 is an entry level product, and in that price range it will not compare to a high end DVR computer card, or a high end embedded DVR as well.

As to the flicker problem. I assume that you are using 30 frames per second.

If you were using 1 frame per second then the snapshot effect would be considered "flicker".

Can you give more details on the flicker?

I wonder if the flicker is due to strain on the RG59 cable on the back of the DVR creating a bad connection, and the camera video is flickering in, and out. Can you grab the connectors, and push in on the wires? Does the flicker go away?

What does the video look like when you place a camera locally next to the DVR, and plug it in? Do you still have the flicker?

I do not know why you are getting a still image on the AP software.

If you are looking at the menu, with the remote software are you pressing the "enter" button?