NoFinga911

Help with a DVR that fits my needs...

Hi everyone, I am new here and could use some help. I have a piece of junk DVR that was installed with my 2 cameras on my home. It is a "pro video". I do not know much about cameras and DVR's but I had an incident and had to go over my recorded video. I wasn't even half way through the footage when I almost threw the dam DVR out my window because at its fastest fast forward speed, it would have took me 50 minutes to watch and hour worth of footage. All I want is a nice simple DVR that has optimal performance. Also, when I press the buttons on the DVR, if they even work at al, they take an hour...for instance if I hit the play button I would have to wait forever for it to start playing, the same goes for the menu button and so on. I hope you guys can help me find something good. I would like to stay within $500....thanks!

There are options available that will fit the bill... performance and all... Obviously you want something simple and easy to use and yet, that works when you needed...

My suggestion is to take probably the most cost effective major brand DVR in the market from Sanyo.. Even though the model that I will refer comes with 6 camera inputs, the price is within the range and it comes with 3 years warranty. The 80GB configuration of this system could fit your price range... Not sure if you can take PM, but you can contact our company with the url listed below my message and they will take care of you.

The model number for this DVR from Sanyo is DSR-3506H80.. This model is a stand alone or sometime referred as "embedded" system and operates on proprietary software from Sanyo.. It does not require any upgrades or updates and is impossible to hack, unlike all the windows based and some of the linux based DVRs.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know.

Thanks,

It does not require any upgrades or updates and is impossible to hack, unlike all the windows based and some of the linux based DVRs.

I am a big fan of embedded, but don't embelish the truth . If someone has the knowledge, the time, and the ability to hack into your windows machine, they'll figure out how to do something to your sanyo remotely.

Eitherway, it would be more likely for someone to steal your DVR then try to hack it. At least with a PC Based you can use NAS storage and hide your Hard Drive in the Attic!

Again, I perfer embedded, but I just wanted to show you both sides of the coin (if that's how the metaphor goes?!).

It does not require any upgrades or updates and is impossible to hack, unlike all the windows based and some of the linux based DVRs.

I am a big fan of embedded, but don't embelish the truth . If someone has the knowledge, the time, and the ability to hack into your windows machine, they'll figure out how to do something to your sanyo remotely.

Eitherway, it would be more likely for someone to steal your DVR then try to hack it. At least with a PC Based you can use NAS storage and hide your Hard Drive in the Attic!

Again, I perfer embedded, but I just wanted to show you both sides of the coin (if that's how the metaphor goes?!).

I beg different please... The Sanyo DVR is not based on Windows embedded OS or Linux code... rather it is a firmware based system riding on a flash card that you or anyone else can not break or change regardless how smart someone may be... the only way to do that is to be on the front of the machine, have tools and firmware machine to allow any sort of change. Even then, try to break into the firmware if you can - very difficult, but not impossible.

Trust me when I say this - to know how good your machine is, is to hack it and with this box from Sanyo, nobody can, unless you have everything you need with such box on hand.

I will not say the same with any machine that is riding Windows or Linux based systems regardless if they are installed on hard drives or even on flash... I am sure there may be an argument how to break Windows riding on Flash, but it is doable...

I beg different please... The Sanyo DVR is not based on Windows embedded OS or Linux code... rather it is a firmware based system riding on a flash card that you or anyone else can not break or change regardless how smart someone may be... the only way to do that is to be on the front of the machine, have tools and firmware machine to allow any sort of change. Even then, try to break into the firmware if you can - very difficult, but not impossible.

What I am saying is that unless this guy is trying to guard a bank no ones going to hack into his windows machine, especially at the house. And if they take the time and effort to hack that windows machine, they'll be able to do something to that sanyo, wheter it be disable internet access by getting into the router, running a password generator through the control software until they get the right password, or better yet just break in and steal the whole damn thing and call it a day .

Anyways, my recommendation is to go with a embedded, but if your trying to go mission impossible, someones going to find a way into the system

Anyways, my recommendation is to go with a embedded, but if your trying to go mission impossible, someones going to find a way into the system

Do you want to make a dollar bet

I know precisely what you are saying and I know that with little effort, any system could be compromised IF THEY ARE BASED ON WINDOWS OR LINUX OS... When we are dealing with machine language based OS or sometime called "firmware" based OS, no chance there at all... Why you think military mainly using firmware based system in their mission critical applications?

Nah man, yah cant hack my Windows PC

(they already tried! )

ok ok Rory

here what i need from u

link to your server

then I will ask my russian and chinese friends to look at your.....

then we will talk

are u ready ?

ok ok Rory

here what i need from u

link to your server

then we will talk

are u ready ?

Nah, part of hacking means you need to get my IP yourself ..

Also I dont run a typical windows server ..

And Russians and Chinese? Sorry they cant touch me.

I am always ready though .. go for it, first they gotta find me though

ps. they got more chance of hacking into one of them Sanyos

ok ok Rory

here what i need from u

link to your server

then we will talk

are u ready ?

Nah, part of hacking means you need to get my IP yourself ..

Also I dont run a typical windows server ..

And Russians and Chinese? Sorry they cant touch me.

I am always ready though .. go for it, first they gotta find me though

ps. they got more chance of hacking into one of them Sanyos

-----------------------------------------------

relax i was joking, but if u insist

plz provide information

Do you want to make a dollar bet

I know precisely what you are saying and I know that with little effort, any system could be compromised IF THEY ARE BASED ON WINDOWS OR LINUX OS... When we are dealing with machine language based OS or sometime called "firmware" based OS, no chance there at all... Why you think military mainly using firmware based system in their mission critical applications?

Any day of the week . One of my client's has a competitor that has been itching to get his clientel list for his business for the past 2 years, and he's willing to pay top $$$$ (in the tens of thousands), and he hasn't been able to do it. I know because they where hunting around the garbage can for receipts (he thought it was bums looking for recyclables!).

Any decently secured PC Based is goign to be very hard to hack into. If it was that easy, you would see websites be hacked all day ever day. Last time I checked pelco.com hasn't forwarded to gesecurity.com yet .

And, like Rory said, try getting the IP address first.

Also, he's not the military .

Hacking to firmware remotely? Wow.. that is news to me considering the fact that I am a hardware engineer by the trade...

Do you even know or understand what it takes to get into the system firmware? Man, sometimes I read certain posts here that I am totally surprised... I am not going to push this any further than the following and this is a food for thought for you...

YOU CAN NOT GET INTO THE FIRMWARE REMOTELY OF THIS UNIT OR ANY MAJOR MANUFACTURER UNIT THAT OFFERS EMBEDDED SYSTEMS WITH OTHER THAN WINDOWS AND LINUX OS!... What made many so secure is machine language OS that was used by DM, GE, Sanyo, Panasonic and few others... These type of systems are based on what sometimes are referred to "low level language" and to hack into it locally is a serious task providing you even know what you are doing... If these were Windows or Linux based, there is a fair amount of chance for it, not on machine language... most of which are etched into EPROMs anyway and with tie to a flash memory for minimal change (which also is tied to GUI that communicates with the flash, but still dictated exactly what your EPROM contains...)

I do not want to loose you or anyone else here with all technical mumble jumble, but my technical point is not reversible... and yes, I can take your dollar any day

Hacking to firmware remotely? Wow.. that is news to me considering the fact that I am a hardware engineer by the trade...

Do you even know or understand what it takes to get into the system firmware? Man, sometimes I read certain posts here that I am totally surprised... I am not going to push this any further than the following and this is a food for thought for you...

I believe you misunderstood my post. I never said you could hack directly into the firmware, but I said you could do something to the machine. If the machine has a remote cms software which you can edit they way it records, make schedules, etc., is it not possible with the ip adderss to use brute force and try to get the username/password for it?

What I AM saying is that in both accounts it is highly unlikely that anyone will be able to to comprimise his system, wether it be embedded or be pc-based.

Now, moving forward, to prove my point, anyone who wants can PM me in the next day or so and I'll give them an IP address, I'll give you 7 days to get in, should be more then enough. No ones going to get in.

Hi everyone, I am new here and could use some help. I have a piece of junk DVR that was installed with my 2 cameras on my home. It is a "pro video". I do not know much about cameras and DVR's but I had an incident and had to go over my recorded video. I wasn't even half way through the footage when I almost threw the dam DVR out my window because at its fastest fast forward speed, it would have took me 50 minutes to watch and hour worth of footage. All I want is a nice simple DVR that has optimal performance. Also, when I press the buttons on the DVR, if they even work at al, they take an hour...for instance if I hit the play button I would have to wait forever for it to start playing, the same goes for the menu button and so on. I hope you guys can help me find something good. I would like to stay within $500....thanks!

Hello, according to the problem you described, I can figure out that it's quite probably a problem of DSP. What type of DSP does your DVR applied? As you know, DSP is the most important part of a DVR, and it's also where the cost of a DVR lies. At present, Philips DSP and Texas Instruments DSP are two most popular ones. Our DVR applies Philips DSP.

TM8804C(4 channel CIF DVR/120/100fps at 360*288) might satisfy your cost requirements. You can access our dvr through the link in the subject. The password is 888, pls have a try to have an evaluation about the image.

Hope to receive your reply.

Jasmine