Does anyone know of any DVR cards that have security alarm interface/features. In the Most simple terms, I want a card that will set off my alarm at my option.

Any info would help, thank you.

You are asking for a very bad thing.

1. Motion to a camera is a change in pixels, which includes LIGHT

2. Does you state or city have a faulse alarm ordanence, this could cost you a lot of cash.

3.Your state if I am not wrong requires you to be a licensed alarm tech to work on alarms, This could cost you even more money.

Please check all laws in your states to keep yourself out of any trouble.

I know in this day and time people try to save as much money as possible but please check around for laws in your area and check around with alarm companies in your area for the best deal for you.

You can have your monitoring company do a video verified responce to save you on false alarm charges.

Most police treat Burglar Alarms at the same urgency as a "barking dog" call. They will get there when they get there.

Video verfied should be an instant responce depending on your police agency, and their responce protocalls.

thanks for the thorough answers folks.

So i found Who i need to accquire a permit from and all that jazz so now I am wondering what cards or systems can i link up to an alarm. Ami not understanding how big an undertaking this is? I dont mind about the cops getting here late cause really if a third party sends them out here its all the same. we start getting charged at the 3rd false alarm anyway, I amlooking for a system that will support AT MOST 3 cameras (ultracomm). I want to get email or text types feature to alert me of movement at certain times. That al probably sounds pretty commonly but I'm having a hard time finding a card to do that type of "standard" stuff with some kind of alarm feature.

And more on an alarm, does it send a message to the police or will i NEED a third party to call the cops and is that any different than me just checking online when i get an alert before calling them myself.