mikesus

STI 7200k Housing

Is anyone familar with this housing?

72642_1.jpg

I plan on mounting them under the eave and under the porch, should I go for the one with the blower for a WV-CP484? This is for an install in North Carolina.

Hello, Ive installed quite a few of the older CP474s that panasonic replaced with your CP484, excellent camera... you really need to check all the specs on your choice for a quality outdoor enclosure, pay attention to protection rating IP designation and dependent on your area, dust etc.. Ive had very good results with CBC-Ganz GH-24Kit it is IP-67 rated and has a low current draw of only 350ma. Good idea to go with a heater, Ive only had the need for blower/fan with my outdoor PTZ installs (Montana) Perhaps you are looking for smaller footprint on the house if so make sure whatever you buy has a clearly labeled rating, (I did not see one on the spec listed at the STI site) here is a good read on understanding IP and Nema ratings http://www.ezscreen.com/ip_ratings.htm

Hello, Ive installed quite a few of the older CP474s that panasonic replaced with your CP484, excellent camera... you really need to check all the specs on your choice for a quality outdoor enclosure, pay attention to protection rating IP designation and dependent on your area, dust etc.. Ive had very good results with CBC-Ganz GH-24Kit it is IP-67 rated and has a low current draw of only 350ma. Good idea to go with a heater, Ive only had the need for blower/fan with my outdoor PTZ installs (Montana) Perhaps you are looking for smaller footprint on the house if so make sure whatever you buy has a clearly labeled rating, (I did not see one on the spec listed at the STI site) here is a good read on understanding IP and Nema ratings http://www.ezscreen.com/ip_ratings.htm

Good points, I will have to check the ratings. As it is under a porch for the mounting, dustproof and moisture resistant would be the requirements more so than an out in the open install. As I am in North Carolina, I don't think I would need the heater, but the blower not so sure on...

They are not rated at all per the manufacturer, thanks for the heads up! Now if I could find a housing that looks similar that is rated...

mikesus, also consider how you want to mount the enclosure, one of the reasons I use the Ganz it has prewire/video cable/power thru the wall bracket, no exposed cable (a lot of my installs are on poles, wooden timbers with conduit to box and the thru bracket is clean) if you purchase one that doesnt look for one that has liquid tight fittings, try to avoid the cheaper enclosures that so many websites sell and claim to be "outdoor" North Carolina....you folks get some cold and is the area humid? If so go with a heater/blower combo to minimize fogging. Good luck with the camera, Ive had excellent results with Panasonic D/N box cams.

Of course, if you are mounting it under an eave make sure you can still open it without having to aim it down.

I saw a housing identical to mine (flip-up lid) mounted under an eave at a local McDonalds.... To preserve access to the lid, they mounted it upside down. Of course it's supposedly is a waterproof housing with vents ont he bottom... So that means the vents are now on the... errr... top.

Is this normal?

For me the problem with vented enclosures is insects and dust intrusion, the ganz is well designed to the IP-67 spec with a flow-through air channel that is between the housing and the body. Ive installed and have many in service with little or no maintance aside from wiping the view window, which should be done as needed anyway. Your observation of the vents on top I think incorrect on the installers part.