Kiwi

Arecont Customer Service Portal

If you need low light performance from Arecont I recommend the 3130. I only wish the day time performance was as good as it's night time. Also I just upgraded the firmware on the 3130 and has more functionality now and it looks like I'm getting better frame rates.

If you want to get an Arecont, I suggest looking at the Computar/Ganz version. At least they have decent support.

So whats the difference between Arecont and Computar/Ganz, they have the same cameras on their websites.

Same cameras but since the vendor is responsible for support, you should purchase it from someone you trust will provide that, like Ganz.

I`m selling Arecont here in Europe. Few good things:

1. Price - great compared to IQ and Mobotix.

2. Frame rates, so much higher than Mobotix at the same resolution.

3. H264 cameras up to 5mpix - thats impressive.

4. Really a lot of NVS software to choose from.

Bad points:

1. DN models - completely crap at night at low light levels. I must say - not point setting up DN, you better off with non DN camera and extra floodlights.

Arecont website is quite not up to level compared to IQ for example - massive info on products, specs, calculations etc. Thats very important and useful.

WE carry a ups to do xbox f/w upgrades when flashing the bios,

other installers should think about doing the same,

its a neat trick,small ups's are cheap..

Hello,

I tried the Arecont email at the beginning of the threat.but it is not valid anymore. I have a Arecont 3130 and can not access the webserver on the camera.

I installed the latest software and I was able to bring up the camera in dual mode with the AV application manager v5.1.4.239.

I could change the IP address and can do all changes to the camera on the AV manager but I can not access the cameras web server.

Is there a way to enable the web server ?

How can I find the AV3130 firmware version ?

Thank you for your help.

Hello,

I tried the Arecont email at the beginning of the threat.but it is not valid anymore. I have a Arecont 3130 and can not access the webserver on the camera.

I installed the latest software and I was able to bring up the camera in dual mode with the AV application manager v5.1.4.239.

I could change the IP address and can do all changes to the camera on the AV manager but I can not access the cameras web server.

Thank you for your help.

Does Arecont have built in server?!

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

Does Arecont have built in server?!

Robert u know that Arecont cam and Arecont soft each have web servers

I would assume he cant access cam server or don't know how

Hello,

Thank you for your help.

What is the IP address of the camera?

Who on earth would hoard firmware updates? Are you serious? We're not talking about nuclear missile launch codes here... we're talking about software updates that people may actually need, and sometimes at odd hours. Personally, I work a lot of nights, and often am up working on my own projects in the wee hours, even on my nights off. Having the ability to get those types of firmware/software updates at all hours would be an absolute necessity for me.

As an end-user (not a commercial installer... I do systems for myself and family/friends), I simply wouldn't purchase a camera if I couldn't download updates, bugfixes, and software patches from the manufacturer.

Guess I can cross Arecont cameras off my list. I won't purchase something I can't work on myself.

I've been testing an Arecont camera and frankly, I just don't get it. This is truly one small notch above a CCTV camera in terms of features. I have an assortment of IP cameras and this is the least functional of them all (an I'm including $100 ebay specials from China). PQ is good, I give it that, but the camera needs a PC to run, this is rediculous. I have Mobotix camera running, writing to a SAN, no PC invoved at all other than viewing. I have inexpensive IP camera sending video and pictures to FTP sites, no PC involved. These cameras have no way to write directly using FTP, SMB, nothing. You have to send the video to a PC and then use that to write. I've just never seen anything like it.

But lets say a featureless camera is a good thing, here's my technical gripes. It crashes IE8 all the time, consistantly, won't work on Safari, Firefox is the best bet. I make configuration changes, and no matter what I do, it doesn't take. It has a DHCP option, but it still forces you to have a static IP and I need it to be DHCP for my router's port forwarding to work.

I've been testing an Arecont camera and frankly, I just don't get it. This is truly one small notch above a CCTV camera in terms of features. I have an assortment of IP cameras and this is the least functional of them all (an I'm including $100 ebay specials from China). PQ is good, I give it that, but the camera needs a PC to run, this is rediculous. I have Mobotix camera running, writing to a SAN, no PC invoved at all other than viewing. I have inexpensive IP camera sending video and pictures to FTP sites, no PC involved. These cameras have no way to write directly using FTP, SMB, nothing. You have to send the video to a PC and then use that to write. I've just never seen anything like it.

But lets say a featureless camera is a good thing, here's my technical gripes. It crashes IE8 all the time, consistantly, won't work on Safari, Firefox is the best bet. I make configuration changes, and no matter what I do, it doesn't take. It has a DHCP option, but it still forces you to have a static IP and I need it to be DHCP for my router's port forwarding to work.

Wow... and here I was starting to think I was alone in my dislike of Arecont's lousy engineering/design. Don't even get me started (there's already a thread for that: http://www.cctvforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=17784).

Your right Arecont cameras are not web camera they are security cameras I like Mobotix alot but you can't get the FPS that Arecont cameras put out and they don't work with every NVR software. Arecont is still the only manufacture that has h.264 in 3MP, 5MP, 8MP and soon a 10MP.

Forget about Mobotix for a second, all of the stuff that Axis and Acti can do in the cameras my NVR software can do. So I think that is a waste, give me better compression and higher fps and that is what Arecont does.

As for Arecont crashing IE8 and once again they are not web cameras they are designed to be setup with there software. Did you notice in the web interface that the fps where very slow? They make this perfectly clear at there training.

Take the Arecont training class and you will see them in a different light.

And to touch on the port forwarding first I would be switching to a different router. Second why are you port forwarding each camera?

I'm trying to port forward to allow external access to the camera so that Blue Iris can implement this camera as a supported camera.

I can certainly understand your needs, high frames per second is nice to have, but not a high priority for me, about 5fps is all I need for the level of security we manage. Clearly there's a balance between fps and storage costs. Also, consider the lack of audio, to me that's integral to my security needs.

Their software leaves a lot to be desired. For the type of security I use for community protection, I need something more sophisticated than what their cameras and software provide. I'm sure if I spent some time looking for the idea software for this, I can make it work. It certainly works with Milestone Xprotect.

The reason I looked at Arecont was their 5 MP camera, something Mobotix doesn't have, and certainly not Axis and cost. But costs diffrences are quickly eaten up my Xprotect license fees, lens, external housings and the lack of audio support.

buellwinkle, have you looked at IQEye's cameras? I don't know how the cost compares, but they do have 5MP models that should fit your requirements, and I'm told their SDK is quite well-done. The web interface is also quite extensive and does have full motion-detect, ftp, mail, and other support.

I'm trying to port forward to allow external access to the camera so that Blue Iris can implement this camera as a supported camera.

I can certainly understand your needs, high frames per second is nice to have, but not a high priority for me, about 5fps is all I need for the level of security we manage. Clearly there's a balance between fps and storage costs. Also, consider the lack of audio, to me that's integral to my security needs.

Their software leaves a lot to be desired. For the type of security I use for community protection, I need something more sophisticated than what their cameras and software provide. I'm sure if I spent some time looking for the idea software for this, I can make it work. It certainly works with Milestone Xprotect.

The reason I looked at Arecont was their 5 MP camera, something Mobotix doesn't have, and certainly not Axis and cost. But costs diffrences are quickly eaten up my Xprotect license fees, lens, external housings and the lack of audio support.

Yea don't use Areconts software for recording just use it to setup the IPs and some other stuff then uninstall it. The Arecont product isn't for everyone but if you need good compression, high frame rates, and great image quality they have a great solution.

And that is why I stay away from Milestone and Onssi there pricing is ridiculous. There is no reason to charge for server and client license fees.

What do you need the 5MP for?

Also what state are you in that you use audio recording?

As Soundy suggests look at IQI

I don't see it....

We use 5 Arecont cameras here. One Arecont 1300, 2 AV8360, 1 AV8365, and one AV8185. Out of those, the only one that is impressive is the 1300.

With all of the AV8xxx series cameras, there is a serious motion blur issue for both live view and the recorded images. One of the AV8360 cameras is in an indoor parking garage and can’t even pick up tag numbers on parked vehicles.

We use Milestone and have over 25 various IP cameras we are testing to see what brand has the best picture for the best price, and so far are not impressed with Arecont.

I don't see it....

We use 5 Arecont cameras here. One Arecont 1300, 2 AV8360, 1 AV8365, and one AV8185. Out of those, the only one that is impressive is the 1300.

With all of the AV8xxx series cameras, there is a serious motion blur issue for both live view and the recorded images. One of the AV8360 cameras is in an indoor parking garage and can’t even pick up tag numbers on parked vehicles.

We use Milestone and have over 25 various IP cameras we are testing to see what brand has the best picture for the best price, and so far are not impressed with Arecont.

The AV8*** are not low light cameras. When used in the proper situation they have a very impressive image. I have a install with a AV8185 outdoors with lighting for night time images. The day time images is amazing and the night image does exactly what the customer wanted. The cars driving by are a blur but when they stop and the people get out and walk around we are able to identify the people, what they are doing and what make and model car they are driving. Arecont does not recommend the AV8**** for LP or low light. Have you attended Arecont's training? Out of the 25 cameras you are testing what do you like?

I was able to tweak some of the settings for the Arecont cameras, but even people walking inside the building are too blurry to identify. The pictures are a bit more clear, but still not there yet. Do you have any recommendations for settings that you can give me?

So far out of the ones we have tested, the best quality are the Axis PTZ's. Next are the IQEye's followed by the Sony PTZ's. We just installed 3 IPEX cameras (our vendor says they are from Ganz??) that look good, but it's still too early to make a judgment on them yet.

We are still looking for other brands to try out, but don't know what else is out there. We are getting suggestions from our vendor but any other suggestions would be helpful.

Have you attended Arecont's training?

I didn't know that Arecont had training, could you PM me with some info for the courses that they offer?