Kiwi

Arecont Customer Service Portal

Have any of you who are Arecont customers managed to gain access to their secured "Customer Service Portal?"

I've emailed two requests to join and both have been disregarded.

Thx

welcome to the club !

What a useless company they really need help, they wont even answer Emails

sad....

Arecont makes some pretty good cameras but their support sucks, which is inexcusable. They tried to OEM their products to bigger vendors which in turn would provide support, and they rely alot on their distributors to provide support, but the bottom line is they suck. Try doing a RMA with them......

Arecont has the cameras down, the prices down, but I still say in 1 to 2 years they'll be history. Their are companys coming out with products that similar or better for a lower price and their support at least is existent!!

I'm sorry to see the frustrations expressed on this website. I'm making my email address available to anyone for whom I can provide assistance.

In response to this thread, I'd like to say the following:

We provide technical support, RMA numbers, etc. to a limited number of direct customers. This allows us to maintain a small number of people on our support staff, and offer the industry two distinct benefits: arguably the worlds finest high definition surveillance camera ever made, at the most agressive price point.

It has consistently been my experience that when I demonstrate Arecont Vision’s PoE cameras to prospective clients, they are amazed by what they see, and they want to begin testing our cameras on their projects immediately.

Why are we better? Pick your point of comparison:

• Significantly lower prices than other mega-pixel cameras on the market, and competitive with inferior quality standard IP cameras

• Revolutionary new offerings as follows:

• SurroundVideo 360 degree and 180 degree panoramic PoE cameras, each using four 2 mega-pixel sensors and four lenses all working on one Ethernet connection

• An all new line of Day/Night cameras featuring corrective focus-shift technology, and 0.0 Lux rating

• An all new line of H.264 cameras that reduced bandwidth and storage requirements by as much as 20x that of MJPEG compression

• Made in the USA, here in Southern California

• Fastest megapixel camera on the market, attaining full resolution imaging at 30+ ips

• Multi-sensor DayNight camera with 0.01 Lux sensitivity

• Superior low light performance when compared to other IP cameras, and megapixel cameras that typically use inferior 1/3â€

Thank you for clarifying Arecont's position on this subject. It was not clear to me that only manufacturers representative's would be providing support, and the web site support page doesn't seem to make that distinction.

Still, there are many companies that do provide self-help customer support such as downloads of user's manuals, firmware updates, and FAQ's - without requiring significant on-going costs - just something for you to consider.

I should add that simply replying to emails is an important part of any business relationship.

Edited by Guest

A nice large knowledge base like Microsoft has, would be cool. I've never had to call or email them in my life.

I'm sorry to see the frustrations expressed on this website. I'm making my email address available to anyone for whom I can provide assistance.

In response to this thread, I'd like to say the following:

We provide technical support, RMA numbers, etc. to a limited number of direct customers. This allows us to maintain a small number of people on our support staff, and offer the industry two distinct benefits: arguably the worlds finest high definition surveillance camera ever made, at the most agressive price point.

It has consistently been my experience that when I demonstrate Arecont Vision’s PoE cameras to prospective clients, they are amazed by what they see, and they want to begin testing our cameras on their projects immediately.

Why are we better? Pick your point of comparison:

• Significantly lower prices than other mega-pixel cameras on the market, and competitive with inferior quality standard IP cameras

• Revolutionary new offerings as follows:

• SurroundVideo 360 degree and 180 degree panoramic PoE cameras, each using four 2 mega-pixel sensors and four lenses all working on one Ethernet connection

• An all new line of Day/Night cameras featuring corrective focus-shift technology, and 0.0 Lux rating

• An all new line of H.264 cameras that reduced bandwidth and storage requirements by as much as 20x that of MJPEG compression

• Made in the USA, here in Southern California

• Fastest megapixel camera on the market, attaining full resolution imaging at 30+ ips

• Superior low light performance when compared to other IP cameras, and megapixel cameras that typically use inferior 1/3â€

I e-Mailed Arecont Vision support to gain access to their support section. I was looking for firmware updates, I stated that in the initial e-mail to the company and they did e-mail me the update and installer on the initial response e-mail. I got the response back quickly with a username / password to access this section. The information provided in this area was VERY limited.

If Arecont is listening (reading) I would love to see the following added to their software & website;

On the Arecont Vision Camera Installer – Would like the ability to scan across subnets. Currently you have to be on the same subnet to get it to see the camera. Even just a place to be able to add a subnet to be scanned would be nice.

On their website I would like to see the ability to download the latest firmware releases for their cameras. The tool that they e-Mailed me worked perfectly and the update took just a couple of minutes per camera. I did not see any place on the Customer Service Portal that listed firmware updates for future downloads.

Too clarify things a bit I am a end-user and not a installer / dealer. I have purchased a lot of Arecont Vision cameras from the 3mp day / night, to the AV5100M’s. I have recently purchased several AV8180’s as well. I love the cameras and quality of the images that these bring to the table for my organization. I am disappointed in the turn around time for the AV8180’s & housings (currently several months). I hope they can get this straightened out very soon.

I love the product they provide but they need work on their Customer Service Portal. Currently there is not much use if you get access to this section.

Hello Dino,

I posed your question regarding the subnet to my engineers and I hope to have an answer for you shortly.

With respect to your support of our products, let me say thank you! If you are going to be at ISC West in Las Vegas, please make a point of coming by our booth #6095.

We will be showing our full line of H.264 megapixel IP cameras. Arecont is the first and only company in the world to offer a full line of H.264 cameras. No other manufacturer has anything above 2 megapixel, and this is because they all use off the shelf MPEG10 compression. There is nothing available above 2 megapixel. What sets us apart is that we developed our own proprietary algorithm, and did so for our entire line of megapixel cameras. The result: 8-10 times reduction in bandwidth and storage demands when compared to JPEG!

1. 8-10 x reduction in bandwidth & storage on average

2. Adjustable GOP 50 to allow for better bandwidth savings

3. World’s only full line of H.264 megapixel cameras ranging from 1.3 to 5 megapixel

4. Up to 8 concurrent streams from each camera

5. Bit rate control to allow for precise bandwidth and storage calculations

6. Real Time Streaming Protocol (RTSP) for compatibility with Apple Quicktime or Windows Media Player

7. Dual stream capability for simultaneous streaming of H.264 and MJPEG compression

8. Proprietary H.264 algorithm allowing Arecont Vision to maintain the worlds fastest megapixel camera

I agree - firmware upgrades should be made available on the Arecont website. The last one I got for my 3130 took way too much arm twisting and it's clear that the problem I complained of is improved but still not entirely resolved.

We have been looking to add Arecont cameras to are product line but not having software updates easily available of your website doesn't make me feel warm and fuzzy. Is their a NFR program for your product? I would like to test one of your cameras out before we install them.

Edited by Guest

on the firmware updates they are very sensitive about giving them out without talking to the person doing them first. If something goes wrong during a firmware update (power goes out, Ethernet comes unplugged) and the camera becomes a brick they want you to know that they are not responsible for it. I haven't had any problems with a firmware update. I've done 9 so far ranging from 1300s, 2100, 3130, 8180 and 8360s without any problems.

They will want the MAC address of the camera that is being upgraded so they can log it and warn you about what could go wrong. So the firmware will not go on the customer portal site.

And yet dozens if not hundreds of other companies with similarly high-tech products are perfectly happy allowing customers to upgrade their own firmware with the exact same risks.

And yet dozens if not hundreds of other companies with similarly high-tech products are perfectly happy allowing customers to upgrade their own firmware with the exact same risks.

I agree. How does the consumer even know when an update has been provided for his / her cameras?

Arecont does make great cameras but they need to take lessons from AXIS in their web / customer support arena.

I agree. How does the consumer even know when an update has been provided for his / her cameras?

Arecont Vision do make some great cameras but they need to take lessons from AXIS in their web / customer support arena.

I'm going elsewhere now with another IP cam company starting with an "A"

> your loss ARNOT oops did I spell that wrong .......

I understand and agree with the frustration of not having the firmware updates available for download. I'm a stocking distributor/dealer for the Arecont Product line and have not had any problems getting the firmware updates once I ask for them. But I do have other products that I carry that have the firmware updates available for download with a text file explaining what the update provides and who would benefit from it.

I can disagree with Arecont's approach on the firmware till I'm blue in the face, it doesn't solve anything. My approach has been to manage the firmware updates for my customers. If there is a bug and I know of an update that fixes it, such as the one a few months ago that addressed a lighting issue. I knew which of my customers could benefit from the update and I managed the process for them.

it's not perfect, but it works for now.

Arecont Vision do make some great cameras but they need to take lessons from AXIS in their web / customer support arena.

can someone get me the latest firmware for a AV3100M, don't get any response from Arecont !

Arecont: CCTV installers are not stupid .....

And btw: have a look at different ways of updating firmware (I have an IT background) and most IT systems will still work if the upgrade fails ..... Just have a look at manufactures of PC-motherboards, they all know how to do it without risk !

Is that an FTP site that might have other firmware? My 3130 is still buggy and I'm wary of contacting the factory yet again without a specific fault, plus I'm outside of the warranty now.