rvella

Random lines and jitters in image

I installed a new system for a client about 10 months ago. We used a mixture of new cameras and existing cameras. The DVR, power supply, and most of the old equipment was replaced.

Problems started to occur recently. The DVR will show "video loss" on random channels and have frozen images, but this is a separate but possibly related issue.

I'm having lines and random jitters in the image that seem to be power issues. But I don't have a confirmation.

I thought about first putting a UPS on the power source and the DVR to see if bad power would be filtered, and if that didn't help, replace the power supply instead. But I want a second opinion. I've recorded about 30 seconds of footage from the site in order for other people to see.

http://aegisbak.com/f/index.php

If anyone has a solution or thoughts I would greatly appreciate it.

Kinda tough to make a definitive call without more info, you say radom channels, are any channels not dirty or is it the entire set of installed cams?Looking at your video, I would start by revisiting your terminations and make sure all your fittings are correct (crimp, compression,twist on whatever you employed) doesnt appear to be a ground loop cant really see the screen too well from the sample, the distortion isnt rolling or consistent , What kind of DVR is it (stand alone or PC?) Quick test on site go direct from cam (pick the worst one and observe on a test monitor bypass your dvr input, if that comes back clean then work your way back to the DVR itself and check connects, if they are solid then start to examin your power issues.... DVR power and cam power....voltage, common faults, mains, wire, any new devices thrown into the mix, placement or shared AC etc.. I have seen similar probs with pixel smearing and quick lines of what looks like voltage interfering with image on some PC DVRs that share other video/card devices, but a good place to start would be the hardwire connects first. The frozen images and video loss could be a loose contact or possible that a shield is contacting the conductor causing radom dropoutsand dirt. When cams terminate to a dvr sometimes a internal failure on the imput circuits can cause erractic probs such as yours.. also check and make sure nothing is touching the imputs, (check the actual bnc fittings make sure they are spaced and secure) look for any sources of possible induced ac, pollution. You had 10 months of clean operation, see if any changes have been made onsite, elctrical or tampering.

sorry if I did that Rory late night.....scorp got my coments quote in his post.... good luck on your medical stuff in FLA...regards

I am going to run Rory off the interstate, tie him up, and lock him in a dungeon performing Geo Card installs, and programming them while I make a fortune off of his slave labor!!!

Opps! Did I say that out loud??