Imtheprez

Looking for small cameras for my house

Im looking for small cameras to put around my house..4 cameras exactly, like for them to be wireless and small as possible but with good quality. They will be used mostly at night. Again small as possbile, cameras that i can hide..price range is up to $3000 anything like im looking for?

with that budget you should have no problem but i think you should get away from the wireless idea, as the technology is not that good unless you are talking line of sight.

there is line of sight...they are going to be looking from one side of the house to the other..so not that far away either...if i did go wired what is a good quality yet small camera? (like to put camera in siding to where all is hidden except lens.

So you will not have any obstructions at all between each transmitter & the receiver box?

Not sure of the US but within the UK the legal frequency is 2.4GHz with a maximum output power of 10mW. There are only four available channels on this frequency reserved fro cameras and having four in one location often causes interference problems - even more likely if you already have any wireless equipment on site....

Go wired whenever possible.

Other thing to think about is if you require the cameras to offer good images in low light or dark conditions you will need models with infrared...these will be much harder to keep covert and hidden.

If you opt for a wired CCTV system and do not worry about the covert aspect then your cameras may also act as a deterrent to any crime and you do not have to worry about going for tiny, hidden cameras that are, perhaps, not likely to offer as good images.....