Imtheprez

know anything about this camera??

samsung scs-c55ir

i like the bullet cameras...i need 4 cameras for my house..just dont know what to get ..they will be used mostly at night. Id like to find small bullet style cameras, maybe just 3 of them and a dome camera for my covered porch around back...any suggestions?

also im looking to run all 4 cameras to 3 different tvs in my house and would like to have motion detector set the cameras in recording mode..what do i need?

samsung scs-c55ir

i like the bullet cameras...i need 4 cameras for my house..just dont know what to get ..they will be used mostly at night. Id like to find small bullet style cameras, maybe just 3 of them and a dome camera for my covered porch around back...any suggestions?

also im looking to run all 4 cameras to 3 different tvs in my house and would like to have motion detector set the cameras in recording mode..what do i need?

Are you looking to try and do a stand-alone dvr for your application or were you more or less looking for just a quad/switcher (will not record). I'd definitely look for a stand-alone dvr if I were in your position and the cameras are there any specific color exterior you'd like to find or does it not matter?

Shoot me back,

Though your Samsung model is not found. While IR is a good choice, I think you should also consider

1) Lux of the camera

2) covered distance claim (IR got limitation on distance and angle)

Alternatively, if you actually have light here, even dimmed light, my experience no-IR low lux camera may see things even better.

Other than standalone DVR, you can also consider DVR card if you are familiar with computer. Motion detection most likely built in feature of both standalone DVR and DVR card.

a stand alone dvr is fine..id like to find small white cameras to blend in with my house.

A DVR card would be better if you don't have the spare room for a dvr and already have a rather newer computer that you could install the DVR card in. If you're looking for a DVR we have a few here at our office if you want to pm me for any specifics you're looking for (price range / functions) and I'll show you what we have here.

Image Sensor 1/3" Sony color CCD

Resolution 480 TV Lines

Minimum Illumination 0 Lux

Lens Furnished 6mm

Power Supply 12V DC

Power Consumption 100mA

S/N ratio: More than 48dB

IR Wavelength 24 unit 850nm

Lifetime 100000 hours

IR Distance 75 - 105'

OR

Image Sensor 1/3" Sony High Resolution ExView CCD

Resolution 420 TV Lines

Minimum Illumination 0.01 Lux/F2.0

Lens Furnished F3.6mm @f2.0

Power Supply 12V DC

Power Consumption 110mA

Electronic Shutter 1/60 (1/50) to 1/100,000 sec.

Video Output 1 Vp-p / 75 Ohms.

S/N ratio More than 46dB

Scanning System Interlace 2:1

I'd recommend to pickup 4 small Non-IR cameras tho if you are going to have flood lights or if street lights are going to be close to the cameras locations.

Most DVR's now have CD backup (or at least usb) and remote networking so you can view it from any windows based PC away from your home. Also motion detection is definately now commonplace as well as MPEG4 compression for the video.

Are there any other functions your looking for specifically?

Also what's the budget?

Thanks,

John