rory

Condensation in IP65 Bullet Camera Mounted Indoors

This is strange.

New Nuvico Color Bullet Camera, all of them are mounted inside a retail store. Was fine when installed at night, come daytime they all have condensation on the inside of the glass cover. Cleaned them out, they had been on tight to begin with, put them back on tight, a few hours later they were all fogged up again.

Main front door is left open as it is hot outside and no AC besides in the office area, which is kind of open to the rest of the store also.

Took the covers off for now and the picture is fine.

The cameras do get very hot also, but seen this before with the COP-USA bullets.

But wondering if anyone else has experienced this yet with Indoor Color Bullets.

Thanks, tired of Cheap Bullets. Glad I also put in a couple GE box cameras

Do they have dessicant pacs in them? Is what we have always had to do with any of the bullet camera's.

No, the cameras are very small. Well dont know if they have any inside the rear of them though as I didnt open that part up. The front has no room for them.

Yeah we have one just about like that except ours has barrel adjustment for focus and zoom, if the barrel unscrews then should be able to insert the small dessicant pacs in them.

even if I got it open, not a chance in hell finding those packs on the island though

On the subject of cheap bullets, I got some Cop-USA ones (even cheaper dont ask!!) at a clients store going between dark and light .. it looks like its the florescent lighting . as the same ones in the back area where there is other type of lighting are fine .. ideas? ( big hammer perhaps? )

We have had similar results with some that in our test area would hunt and go from light to dark do to bright flourescent and a light colored wall, Adjusted the auto iris and shut off the agc, don't know if that would help with these though.

Might want to try the hairdryer on them and seal them see if that removes enough of the moisture to help.

They dont have any settings ..

Really tiny ones in that case .. now, those Cop ones are on a very cheap 4 channel 4amp PSU (8 cameras on it, 2 on each terminal, 1 fuse for all) and it has been acting up, met one camera not on the other day, no power coming to it but the other camera that was on that terminal was fine, fiddled with it, another camera went off and that one came on (the other camera was on another terminal I never touched!!) .. went away for 10 minutes came back all cameras were working .. bad PSU? I was going to change it for a plug in one and just splice it for now .. 2 amp like I use for mine here .. just to see as ordering one can take a couple weeks. Wonder if that could have any effect on the light changes. It had been fine since last year October, and everything is on a Voltage Regulator and UPS.

Could be the transformer is getting weak and not supplying the actual amps needed to keep the camera's operational, would be a good case of supply and demand.

I have had the same problem, I put a couple of balls desicant inside and come back a week later -and throw it out

The IR in some cameras causes the unit to heat up

All the good stuff has nitrogen inside !

z

I like Nitrogen. You can buy a refillable tank and ADJUSTABLE* regulator at a welding supply house, or soda vending company. Open the camera, stick the hose near the opening, and tape in place leaving a small gas escape hole. Turn on the Nitrogen so that you just feel a very small escape flow, just enough to feel on your wrist, or chin. Let it bleed through the cam for about 15-20 minutes. Remove tape and replace camera cover as fast as you can ( you can even shoot the flow at it when replacing the cam cover). This should remove all humidity from the innards. This is similar to a process that I used in Nam to clear sniper, arty, and binocular optics. If it worked there it will work on your cameras.