hlegg

averdigieb1504 mpeg4 security dvr

I have just set up a security system using 3 cameras (2 of which have about 30m leads to the recorder) and the problem is the dvr stops recording after a few hours or a day or so.

I have tried to get help from Aver and the retailer who sold me the unit, but neither of them are interested to help.

I have to turn the power off, wait 30 seconds, turn it back on and it works fine for the next number of hours until it stops recordeing of its own accord.

What is caising the problem and how do I fix it?

Regards

Harry

What size hard drive? What is the recording rate set at? What resolution are your cams? Go into your set up menu and set the record overwrite to re record the drive. This records over the oldest data first, sometimes in 8 Meg chunks from the earliest to the last sequentially.

DVR man thanks for your reply.

THe hard drive is 140gb, record rate is 10 sec unless movement is detected. !00pfs is the record. The cameras are Cameray Digital Bullet CCD cameras model CM-2602WV.

The hardrive is already set up to keep recording so it keeps going and overwrites the oldest recording.

Non of this is relevant to why the recordier stops recording of its own accord.

Anyb suggestions?

When you state "stops recording after a few hours, or a day or so", which is it specifically? A few hours or a DAY or so? Hard to believe Avermedia would not help you. Can always get help from them, here in the USA. Are you losing power to the unit itself possibly? I have installed many of these EB1504's and never once had a problem. Have one running 24/7 at my home. Need a little more specifics on the problem(s). Let me know.

You should run the DVR on an UPS supply to protect against voltage interruptions and surges. Your DVR software should recover if there is an interruption.

Bottom line, first step of troubleshooting would be to insure that there is always adequate voltage to DVR. Spend the money and get a quality UPS to back up this DVR. One that will keep input voltage stable. Find an APC, Tripplite, or Ultra UPS, somewhere on the web. At least 1000va or more. One more thing, are you by chance using Seagate HD in this unit? I stopped using Seagate HD's in the Avermedias after I had 2 problems right in a row. I called and spoke with Andy at Avermedia, and he stated that they did not recommend the series of Seagate that I had. Don't ask me why, after I started using the Maxtor and WD drives, never had another issue.

Were they SV hard drives? Reason I ask is because Seagate SV35's are the hard drives that have been recommended to me by 2 other DVR tech support departments.

I figured it was the defacto Hdd for at least the low/medium end DVR's.

The most important thing for any unit with a hard drive spinning, is a Voltage Regulator - many UPS come with this built in, just find one that has AVR.