cableguy

Camera Picture problem

Hello from then Snowy Greece. I am new here and i think i will stay for a long time i found very useful thinks inside here.

So here is my question i have made a project with 8 cameras with UTP.

The last camera is about 1km far from DVR i use active balun.

Ok everything working perfect in the day light.... BUT in the night! i got horizontal black lines... The image quality is not the best cause the photo are taken throw ethernet.....

Do u have any idea why that happen and how i can correct it?

thx alot and nice work u done here.

spiros1.JPG.d01ced106924d5753a75fdc41d14bf9c.JPG

spiros4.JPG.f5ba2240de4cd678665bb0d351b08fb1.JPG

new3.JPG.501d3b28e7ebd85c7ce927a8b2f78a45.JPG

Just a guess but looks like you need to adjust the iris for night time, need to know camera's and lenses to be sure.

Are the black bars rolling? What kind of cams are these (box, Bullet...) Are you using NTSC in a 50HZ PS region.You stated that in day the cams are normal, Are there any other switching devices (lights, motor etc..) that are enabled at night on the same circuit. Are you powering cams from the same phase (at panel) are the cams powered via cat? More info on your layout will help in troubleshooting.

First of all really!!!! thx for the replies

here we got i hope that helps a bit

Are the black bars rolling?

yea but in really really slow from up to down

What kind of cams are these (box, Bullet...)

sorry i am new in cctv

Are you using NTSC in a 50HZ PS region.

nope i am using PAL version

You stated that in day the cams are normal, Are there any other switching devices (lights, motor etc..) that are enabled at night on the same circuit
nope every camera got its own power supply about 12Volt, 1A

Are you powering cams from the same phase (at panel) are the cams powered via cat?
in every camera i have put plug with 220volt and i attach to each plug its own power supply one for each camera.

NOTE: Camera got on board 6 bigs IR LED and 12 Small ones

The Black Lines Goes from UP to DOWN really slow

I will try to print some more info about the camera's

thx again and again again

Try a bigger power supply on one of your affected cameras. At least 1.5 AMP 12 VOLT REGULATED. If it is only hapening when the IR is on and is consistant odds are your power supplies are inadequate.

As noted by mr.surveillance, its probable inadequate power,(sounds like you are using IR bullets) if you can swap a PS (one that meets the required cam PWR spec) to a individual cam at night when the problem occurs see if it cleans up. If that doesnt resolve the issue then its time to revisit your connect, wire runs, terminations (wire methods/placement) possible ground issues (loops) often they can occur at differnt times and since you are using mulitple PWR supplies with 8camera system.... before you run out a buy isolator(s) check and look for possible multiple sources of the problem (signal too close to mains etc) within the system. Also check and verify a clean pic at cams (by- pass your inter connects DVR imputs etc..direct to test monitor from camera at night when the issues occur.

ok i change the power supply from 12Volt 1A to 12 Volt 4A i hope that is enought......but i cannot check it :S cause the central electricity on that building was down today....... i hope tomorrow will be ok so i can check it..

pm: thx again for ur help guys

"cause the central electricity on that building was down" Are you by any chance running cameras and pwr in mulitple buildings, if so are the mains on one building tied to other building with a subpanel or separate services, curious what is the fault causing loss of power.... (poco outage or building probs) perhaps you have electrical issues contributing to your cam system performance?

"cause the central electricity on that building was down" Are you by any chance running cameras and pwr in mulitple buildings, if so are the mains on one building tied to other building with a subpanel or separate services, curious what is the fault causing loss of power.... (poco outage or building probs) perhaps you have electrical issues contributing to your cam system performance?

Each build got his own electricity panel... and only that build that is the control room inside got electricity fail. I have measure the volt at each camera and i got 220V+ so i dont think is electricity issues..... So the only possible problem is the power supply, i think i use low in Amber power supply (cause the manufacturer write on manual 600-700 mA )........

is possible the active balun that i use make the problem?

I am using one active balun in control room and the other in the middle of 4 cameras and from that active balun i am using a pair of passive balun for each (4) camera's.

i try with or without the passive and still the problem exist but i didnot try without unplug the active balun too...... cause i am think with that try i will make more interference .

Very first project >< bad choice to se lect a big one :S or at lease with UTP and that distance....

BTW how long can RG 59 go? is any amplifier ?

5021.jpg.aef5caa00d01e2f16ca0e2b5579f1227.jpg

No matter what method you use, having multiple ground paths or the quality of your PWR source/supply could be the issue, Ground loops do develop on UTP CCTV just as coaxial cables. You asked for cable distances, others may differ but for me - without amplifiers- Using QUALITY copper cable- RG59 approx 500ft RG6 750ft, Ive got some coleman and belden RG11 (copper) parked on some reels leftover that was in a job spec and got clean signal better than 1500ft. With amps you should be able to get 3000ft with RG59 and approx 4500ft with RG6, the 11 could go better than 6000ft but is not very cost effective unless specified for the job and its a bear to work with. Quality gear mixed it with lower end devices really impact the total results in a system and most system performance problems can attest to that, yet A good installer can make a cheap cam look good and as well a quality cam look bad. Its all in the build.