sie

video out question

ok so if you read my other topics you will see I can not record on the dvr I have at the moment .

but my monitor/tv has many many imputs and outputs .

it has a video out plug in I was wondering can I plug something in to this and record what is on screen as a tempory way of captureing the camera views ?

pdf manual for the monitor

ftp://ftp.dell.com/Manuals/all-products/esuprt_electronics/esuprt_tv/dell-w1900_Owner%27s%20Manual_en-us.pdf

gone try pluging in all maner of devices to day see if I can get anywhere .

will update

You can, but would you plug on it? An old tape VCR? The DVR which you say does not work?

Maybe it would be better to worry on geting a DVR that actually can do the job, instead of workarounds...

You can, but would you plug on it? An old tape VCR? The DVR which you say does not work?

Maybe it would be better to worry on geting a DVR that actually can do the job, instead of workarounds...

I did buy this dvr thinking it would work but the seller never told me it was admin locked and he did not know passwords so mony is now a little low so being so close to christmas money is a little low .

so trying to work around it untill i get it working or can afford a new one

I did buy this dvr thinking it would work but the seller never told me it was admin locked and he did not know passwords so mony is now a little low so being so close to christmas money is a little low .

so trying to work around it untill i get it working or can afford a new one

Take it back to where ever you got it & get a refund. It sounds like it is used to start with.

its all sorted now .

is that realy all the advice you guys can give here ? if it dont work dont fix it go buy a new one ?

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

its all sorted now .

is that realy all the advice you guys can give here ? if it dont work dont fix it go buy a new one ?

" title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" /> " title="Applause" />

No - the advice was since you bought a defective or used unit and you have no password to get into the setup menu you should return it & stop wasting everybodys time (including those on here that gave you free advice that you are so obviously grateful for)

No - the advice was since you bought a defective or used unit and you have no password to get into the setup menu you should return it & stop wasting everybodys time (including those on here that gave you free advice that you are so obviously grateful for)

+1

plus resetting password on open forum

no way

unit can be stolen !

yes your correct the unit could have been stolen . but if you had needed any proof I could have supplied the ebay link from where I bought it .

also I am a member and even run some forums and when some one comes asking for help we give as much help as we can and never say bin it take it back go buy new stuff. we work round the problem to maybe help out the person or find a fix .

the only over forum I have joined like this was a very clicky biker forum where no one new got a say or lookin and the old forum names was all in a little click that would team up and support each other to make new members feel real unwelcome .

there has been only one person here who has actualt taken the time to give me any help or answer any questions via pms . and I thank him .

but as for the rest it all seems to be dealers and installers hopeing that guys like me would just pay guys like them to come and supply and install systems

If you purchased the unit on eBay and hopefully paid via PayPal, I would get a refund and start over. Didn't see where you stated what DVR make and model was either. This is a great forum and help is given when there is enough info presented. Sometimes there are times when no one has the "answer" that you would like to expect. I operate a store front service shop and even then there are issues that are hard to diagnose, let alone remotely from a forum. I monitor this forum and 3 others and many times there are issues or problems that are outside my expertise, so I don't respond. No one wants "unknowledgeable" answers to a problem.

Dennis

here is my help post I changed the title as it was now solved and the one guy who gave me help and even still offers help was numb-nuts gave me advice and things to try .

not take it back buy a new one or is it stolen .

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=38986

as I said I also am a very helpfull person and have made a topic and youtube video about this model and password just in case some one like me wants help .

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39042

the realy sad thing is if I had goten the help from the start and none of the silly replys my camera would have coverd this area and maybe help catch a killer .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-25414844

so take this as you will...the next time some guys think about trolling or posting totaly not needed replys maybe think is this reply what the person needs or wants ?

now im gone take some of my own advice and leave this topic ---do not feed the trolls ---