Sign in to follow this  
SEANHAWG

Cant get email notifications to work.

Well, here I am again trying to figure a basic networking skill. I am sure this has something to do with my funky ATT internet network connection but I cant get email notifications to work on my DVR.

I know I have everything setup correctly. I am using the same email configuration that my regular email uses which is working fine:

outgoing mail Server: smtp.att.yahoo.com

Port: 465

Uses SSL and requires authentication

To: snelson@nellyssurplus.com

I cant get it to send me an email. Is there anything else that I can check to see what the problem is?

Do I have to forward port 465? If so, I did and it still didnt work. But I did check at canyouseemee.org and port 465 says its closed. Which is odd because that is the same port I use to send emails out everyday.

What on earth could it be? Is there anything else I can check and where do I need to look?

You da man Tom! Thanks! That worked!

Aint nothing better than finding out the solution you have been working 2 hours straight on to find out.

I wonder why it wouldnt work on the port 465 SSL version? Because that is the same settings my regular email use.

its a problem that both gmail and yahoo have .............. it gets a bit complicated to explain ...... but its to get passed the port 25 problem. (blocked by most isp) glad it worked for you.