Sign in to follow this  
longstory

Need help !

Hi,guys

I am new to security cameras and have no experience with them. I am looking for a stable camera. Though I've heard many cctv cameras,but was confused by them.What is FHD, AHD, VHD? I I googled the question, it made the answer cryptic.Does anyone can tell me more clearly?

Another question:Because someone opened my apartment patio door just to let one of my cats outside. I can't figure out why someone would do that. I want to buy a cctv camera kit for home security.What kind of camera is best for me?

Any help or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Hi,guys

I am new to security cameras and have no experience with them. I am looking for a stable camera. Though I've heard many cctv cameras,but was confused by them.What is FHD, AHD, VHD? I I googled the question, it made the answer cryptic.Does anyone can tell me more clearly?

Another question:Because someone opened my apartment patio door just to let one of my cats outside. I can't figure out why someone would do that. I want to buy a cctv camera kit for home security.What kind of camera is best for me?

How many cameras? budget?

4CH ,About $100.

A 4 camera system for 100?

That is not going to happen...you will end up with a super low resolution system that will only give you problems...save your money.

4CH ,About $100.

Search at alibaba.com or aliexpress.com

Get 4Ch PC Capture DVR Card around U$10~15.

Do not buy USB-DVR kinds of stuff which do not provide D1 X4Ch X30FPS, at all.

The PCI capture card is to provide 4Ch X D1/960H Recording and Preview at 30FPS realtime.

Its software allows a remote access for your smart phone.

Then buy analog cameras ranging U$10~20, each.

You do not need to pay more than U$20 each.

You need to bring your OLD PC, HDD, and Monitor, available.

If you have a used HDD available, you may buy a standalone DVR for 4Ch X D1/WD1 recording,

ranging U$30, in stead of PC DVR capture card.

Running an old inefficient pc 24/7 will cost you a fortune....100-300 per year depending on the system and your electric rates...

Buy a single IP camera and record to sd card.

Many chances, where 4 Cheap Cameras are better than a single expensive camera, just in case losing one camera as a failure, working 7/24 day and night.

Many chances, where 4 Cheap Cameras are better than a single expensive camera, just in case losing one camera as a failure, working 7/24 day and night.

If the old computer fails you loose all your cameras, if the old hard drive fails you lose all your video...if the power supply to the cameras fails you loose all your cameras unless you have a separate supply to each camera.

The old computer will be a power hog and cost more in the longrun...its a terrible idea. Why pay the electric company instead of simply buying a better kit to begin with.

The CPU work for compressing 4 Ch X WD1 X 30FPS is the same for 1 Ch X1080P X30FPS.

The DVR may carry the CPU or IP camera may carry the CPU inside.

As said above, if he can pay around U$10 more, he can have a brand new stand alone DVR, for sure. SD card is good for the back up, not good, not stable, not durable for main, at least to me. It's all up to him which way to go. He wants to have ALL for U$100.

Lock your patio door. Costs you nothing. If someone can open it to let your cat out then they can open it to come in and steal your property.

Your hundred dollar budget does not give you a lot of options. As Boogieman pointed out something like Hikvision 2CD2132F-IS or Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E with a micro SD card for local recording will give you a capability within your budget.

Ignore Sunnykim. He pedals obsolescent technology.

Lock your patio door. Costs you nothing. If someone can open it to let your cat out then they can open it to come in and steal your property.

Your hundred dollar budget does not give you a lot of options. As Boogieman pointed out something like Hikvision 2CD2132F-IS or Dahua IPC-HDBW4300E with a micro SD card for local recording will give you a capability within your budget.

Can anyone explain details to me ? So confused by you.Or do you have any good recommendations ?

4CH ,About $100.

That is not going to happen...you will end up with a super low resolution system that will only give you problems...save your money.

How much should I pay for 4CH Cameras in your opinion ?

Can anyone explain details to me ? So confused by you.Or do you have any good recommendations ?

If the information confuses you, you need to spend more time learning and researching.

Your budget really doesn't leave you much options. you can go for a simple one, just buy one or two wireless cameras with SD card to cover the areas you need then you settled. not even wiring needed! just plug and play, watch it from your smart phone. hundreds of options from amazon. works for me

4CH ,About $100.

How much should I pay for 4CH Cameras in your opinion ?

You may follow my suggestion if limited to U$100 and 4 Ch cameras. But you need system for only patio door, you better go for an IP Camera solution-single channel. Easy and you may not need to buy POE. You just need PC and software provided by IP Camera.