Sign in to follow this  
luckyfella

Installation pics of the Dahua PTZ

Thanks shock. Your my biggest fan, lol. That's the same PTZ model as the last one I just did. It's actually for the same customer, just a different location. As soon as I square away some network issue, I'll have access to this one. I got it pretty high

up there this time. It has a nice shot of his property. This is the model I've been using. I like the 1.3mp over the 2mp cause

it responds better when remote access cause the lower resolution requires less bandwidth and it's about 1/2 the price of the 2mp.

I do have a 2mp 30x optical ptz on order to just play around with on my terrace.

http://www.dahuasecurity.com/products/sd6c120s-hn-403.html

How did you get it up that high? Ladder up on that building? You don't have wings do ya

I love dahua ptz's man. I love ptz's period. I should have just installed four on each corner of my house and that would have been fine with me!

LOL, as for the height. I used an extension ladder to get on the lower roof to the right, and than a small extension on the lower roof to get up on the next roof, than a stood on the upper roof and mounted it. I'll post some day and night shots later tonight. I called cablevision today and they bridged the modem for me so I now have remote access to it.

Here is a daytime video of this PTZ

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

and here is a night time video, there is suffucient lighting so it looks really nice, but believe me, the IR's on this thing are amazing

Oh I know the IR on these is excellent. The dahua I have at work is amazing. Do they have it hooked up to an nvr there? An auto pan is gonna take up oodles of hard drive- hope it's a huge one! Anyway, looks great!

I have one of these in their yard about a mile away connected directly to an NVR. With constant recording at 15fps and 1.3mp's, The 2tb went from 1.81tb to 1.31tb in 2 weeks. I added this 2nd PTZ to his store and entered the IP into the NVR so it's recording it remotely. This one he has panning and he wants constant recording on both so I may end up adding a 2nd 2tb.