athigb

Dedicated Micros LOST PASSWORD

Hi guys!!

I'm Technical Engineer of Belltron Security Systems in Greece

I have a problem with a DVR of Dedicated Micros (Digital Sprite 2A)

I have lost the password to have a view via lan

I do have the Administrator password to see the data while handling the machine but I don’t have the Administrator Password to log into the Network Viewer

It is very difficult for us to bring the item to a representative in Greece

because our customer is a bank!

Does anyone can help?

Thank you

If you ensure that you have setup an IP / subnet mask on the DS2 then check what version you have by pressing the menu button where the time / date is i.e (DVTX) or (DVTU) goto www.dedicatedmicros.com and download the latest software update for your machine.

Remover the primary hard drive from the DS2 and install it as an additional drive on your PC or use an USB to IDE interface remove all files on the drive do not format it once completed re insert the drive into your DS2 and power up the unit it will show halted in boot loader then launch the ftp programme that comes with the software upgrade and enter the DS2 IP address and the software will copy over when done down power and repower the DS2 and the software will reinstall with the default user name and passwords for the network viewer.

Thank you very much. Your informations are very helpful. I have to say that you are the only one who gave me these informations.!!!

I know in the UK DM now do a course for hard drive replacement, it is well worth it and they also supply replacement hard drives in kit form i.e screws locking nuts and warranty stickers/

I did a network password reset today very easily on a DS2 DVTR ...

I simply deleted the folder "ETC" from the root of the drive ...

This contained three text files containing environmental variables. When the unit was next booted, these returned to their defaults. I logged in no problem. Happy days!

I also found a zip file "donedisk.zip" in the root which seems to be the virgin disk image.

When the unit has firmware put on the unit the file is called disk.zip. This is ftp'd to the unit as part of the upgrade. Then the unit is rebooted, once rebooted is sees the disk.zip in the root of the c: drive and extracts the contents. Once it has finished extracting and checking it simply renames the file donedisk.zip. If it didn't rename it each time the DVR restarted it would put the same firmware back on to it again and again. so in effect it is a copy of the original firmware file put on the unit.

Hope this helps...

Good day!

What about "Installer menu" password? I have LAN password, but i don't know "Installer menu" password.

Is it possible to reset the "Installer menu" password?

Thanks.