golden1967

Avermedia NV6480 exp Frame rate

I am looking at the avermedia 6480 card, and was wondering if a full frame rate (30fps) per camera at the max image size (640x480) is feasible with this card. The specs say it can do this but I am looking for someones actual experience with the card.

I have tried the Avermedia NV6480 . On the earlier version of AverMedia softwares the above card support Real time recording only on CIF resolution.

On the latest software AverMedia add "Turbo Mode" function. If you enable turbo mode the card Records Real time on D1 (or 640x480) but you got to have Intel Core 2 Duo cause this card is Software Copmression

Do you have any crashes when running it at those rates? Is the software stable ? What would be the harddrive consumption at these rates? I'm trying to decide between a hardware compression card or this Avermedia card. Thanks...Mark

The AverMedia Cards (and their Software) is really stable.

I test both cards (SW & HW Comp.)for more than 2 months and I never had even 1 Crash.

HW Compression cards doesn't support real time recording on D1 resolution.

I Prefer SW compretion PCI-Express Cards.

Can you tell me which hardware encoders you were comparing against the Avermedia as I am trying to decide which technology direction to invest in?

Yes, you can have real time 30fps with 640x480 mode as long as you have Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor or higher. I have sold many of those card and they work great and have not had any problems with it. NV6480Exp works fine with even lower processor as long as you are not running 30fps at 640x480 mode. I use those cards for 32 ports system all day long. Sold over 50 cards so far and have no had single one bad or any complaint. Compression supported: Software compression with MPEG4 or H.264.

How to you enable that "turbo mode"?

I have 2 6480EXP 16CH and when all 32 cams recording I can only get 15 FPS @ 640x480

to get 30 FPS per channel I need to decrease the res to 352x240

@sajaan458 -

you say that you need to have "Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 processor or higher"

where did u see these specs?

I'm asking because my CPU is Intel Core 2 Duo E4600 Allendale 2.4GHz LGA 775 and the only requirements I saw are 2.4GHz...