Jasper

Good Low Light Color Camera with Varifocal Lens

What is a good color bullet camera or box type that has a really low light requirement and has high resolution.

I am looking for something like that with a varifocal lens.

How low can they go on a lux rating for color that really means anything?

I have one now that is .5 lux and it doesn’t work to good in dim light?

Any recommendations, camera line to look into or a specific camera would be great.

That might be a little more than I want to spend.

I don’t like the IR being located in the camera, too much IR reflection.

The halo effect isn’t to pleasant. Some people don’t mind it, but I would rather buy the IR separately if I need it.

I also did not see mention of an IR filter?

I was considering this camera: http://www.spytown.com/ktc-840ce.html

With this lens: http://www.spytown.com/ktl-2-9-8va.html

That should provide really low light ability in color, I have been told.

If you have any other suggestions of a color camera that has really low lux rating without the automatic gain being turned on, let me know.

That Sony camera has less sensitivity to light than the GE camera I listed above.

The GE is 0.1 lux and the Sony specifications listed show 0.55 at 50 IRE and 0.3 at 30IRE.

Which means the GE is about 4.5 to 5.5 times more sensitive to light and that isn’t taking into consideration the differences in the lenses.

Unless there is something there I don’t understand that makes it better, like the State-of-the-Art SuperExwave technology?

The F-stop on the Sony lens is not as good as the one listed above.

The lens I listed above for the GE is probably twice as sensitive to light as the Sony lens?

The Sony has a higher resolution rating of 540tvl, but won’t do me any good if it can’t see decently in low light.

Thanks for checking around though. If you run across anything that is rated lower than 0.1 lux and will accept a lens similar to the one above, let me know.

That GE camera may be a hard one to beat for Color in low light situations

give all your requirements up front so we don't get the "I don't see" stuff back. List ALL your requirements, like;

indoor or out?

mech filter?

bullet or "regular?

voltage?

vari focal what? 3.6 - 8?

where you intend on using it

[/url]http://www.securetek.comhttp:// I go here to get my better camera's. so far so good, and the price is fair.

Happy Pumpkin

I am looking for a very low light color camera to be used indoors in the back room of a ****tail Lounge. It is not especially bright, but not really dark either.

I have some pictures of the area that I took without a flash, but I would need someone to host a photo or two in order for me to show you the exact lighting condition, reflective surfaces, etc.

Don’t need a Mech Filter, just want to see color all the way down to low light. So I have a decent picture in fair lighting, which is what I think I have.

Bullet or Box cameras are fine. The camera will be mounted high, just under a 10ft ceiling.

Voltage 12volts DC or 24volts AC. Cable runs are going to be less than 100 feet.

Looking for a lens with an adjustable range of (2.8 or 3.6) to (8 or greater)mm. A lens with a very low F-Stop Number would be great.

I will check out the website link you posted.

Thanks.

Those camera shots you have are great. Very good examples.

I am guessing with that lens you are probably getting down to .05 lux.

That is getting down into the sensitivity range of BW camera.

The last two pictures really show what a good lens will do for you.

There would be no problem with that camera in a fairly well lit ****tail lounge or a dimly lit room for that matter.