marek2123

Swann NVR Remote Viewing & night vision Blurry Moving Image

Hi I have fitted a Swann NVR8-7300 and have the remote viewing set up on a PC and lap top along with an android phone. I had wrongly assumed that I could add this also to a Nokia Lumia Windows phone but this is not the case, should have done my full research first!. Does any one know if this is possible?

Also the footage from the 3mp cameras are excellent in daytime but having just fitted an extra camera any moving image on night vision appears blurry, the settings appear as they should, can any recomend an alternative setting, this would be much appreciated.

Sorry for being a noob but learning everyday

It supports handheld service like iOS, Android, 3G/4G Smartphones & Tablets.

A blurry picture can be due to a low quality or defective Camera or due to the lens can not simultaneously focus both the visible and infra red lighting. You can try manually focusing the lens when it moves into night mode.

A blurry picture can be due to a low quality or defective Camera or due to the lens can not simultaneously focus both the visible and infra red lighting. You can try manually focusing the lens when it moves into night mode.

These cameras have it corrected lenses.. That is not the issue.

Op post an image... It is likely ir reflection or you need to increase noise reduction and disable wdr at night

Op post an image... It is likely ir reflection or you need to increase noise reduction and disable wdr at night

As to poor night performance, letting alone IR, that's one of the points CMOS image sensor has been improving on. Still a lot to go. As to CMOS sensors, Low light (Night) may cause video quality more affected by the inherent electrical noise level. Therefore, Noise Reduction is needed. But Increasing Noise Reduction may cause a video a bit more blurred. Turning on WDR may intensify noise level. Turn off WDR at night. Yes, you need to tune those parameters.

As to poor night performance, letting alone IR, that's one of the points CMOS image sensor has been improving on. Still a lot to go. As to CMOS sensors, Low light (Night) may cause video quality more affected by the inherent electrical noise level. Therefore, Noise Reduction is needed. But Increasing Noise Reduction may cause a video a bit more blurred. Turning on WDR may intensify noise level. Turn off WDR at night. Yes, you need to tune those parameters.

This is false. Many CMOS sensors have excellent night vision. Really no idea where you come up with this nonsense.

Shutter speed is usually the killer for motion blur in low light setting. As others mentioned, turn off the WDR, noise reduction etc.

You could try to set a manual shutter speed that works for both day and night (unless you can set separate settings).

Another setting is the GOV length for the h264 stream. High GOV and low fps can get messy.

I use IPCENTCOM on my lumina to peek at my cameras. I'm not sure if you can get direct access to the cameras through the NVR

Typical camera blur during night/dark is due to the shutter speed slowing down to increase the amount of light going to the camera sensor. Sensors that have superior sensitivity will have superior night performance, but at a superior cost.

I am having the same exact issue, anything that moves is a complete blur. Cars are unrecognizable (just blurry blobs moving across the screen, people simply walking on the sidewalk are blurs, you can not tell if they are men or women or even if they are clothed or naked..... this is only happening at night. How in the heck do we fix it? is there a way to increse the shutter speed?

Not sure which cameras you have, but you need to access and set the camera parameters separately.

WDR and BLC generally cut the fps in half.

Noise reduction also slows down the auto shutter speed/ fps functions.

Things to try.

Manually set the fps, 15 if possible, 7fps at the low end.

Manual exposure, generally related to shutter speed.

GOV/ I frame 10 or less (increases bandwidth) H264 settings

Once you get the perfect night time settings, your daytime pics will most likely suffer unless you can have separate day/night settings.

Lowering the resolution may help, less pixels to process.

Best of luck