FunkyRX

Vista - any IP camera software or DVR cards that support

Hi,

Does anyone know of any IP camera software or PCI based DVR cards which support windows vista?

Thx,

FRX

i'd be careful with Vista, many programs are not compatible with it. Even routers need their firmware updated. I just installed Vista and I'm keeping my older harddrive with Win2k for dual boot.

stuff I've found that doesn't work, Linksys QuickVPN client, PCanywhere, Samsung GVI Smartviewer.

Vista is not all fun and games. On a personal level, its great and I love the new office 2007 suite, but for business, its not too practical. I will be waiting at least a year before I upgrade our office machines to Vista.

Hi,

Does anyone know of any IP camera software or PCI based DVR cards which support windows vista?

Thx,

FRX

Hi FRX,

I've just managed to get a DVR system working on my new Vista platform.

I'm using a "Digital Network security system" DVR card.

This is recognised in my Sound, Video and Game Contoller area as a Conexant's BtPCI WDM Video Capture card, using a BT848.sys driver file.

The capture software is Active WebCam 8.5, and without too much fuss, I am now recording 2 camera inputs to my hard drive.

I opted to install everything in Xp compatability mode, and it all seems OK so far.

Hi,

Thx,

FRX

Hi, the BiKal EyeSoft IP Surveillance software is compatible with many popular IP cameras as well as USB webcams, capture cards based on the BT878 driver and Internet audio & video streams. The software is available as 4,8,16,32,64ch versions and includes remtoe access via browser & real time windows media stream as well as advanced video analytics. You can try a free demo at www.bikal.co.uk.

The software was designed to work on Vista, I am running it on Vista Home at the moment and have not had any problems. Although I have heard many stories about Vista, the only problem I have had so far is a compatibility problem with Adobe Acrobat although it still works on my PC.

Let me know if this works for you

AVerMedia DVRs support Vista with 5.7.0.0057j. However, I wouldn't trust running security type application on Vista for at lease another 6 months to a year.

I tried to run some video surveillance software from work on Vista with no success. Actually it is pain just to install software under vista.