Server upgrade postponed



View unanswered posts | View active topics


Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 
Author Message
  
 Post subject: Infrared Issue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:39 am 
Registered User

Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 8

Offline
HI what’s wrong with this,
my son looked at the camera and his face is all one white blob and the car reg is just a white rectangle
The installer has said it is because the infrared is so powerful and that is causing the faces to be white and unable to read car registrations at night.
Dahua say it is because the IR is turned off but i cannot find the option on my web browser to turn IR on.

The camera is just above the front door and about a metre or so away from my sons face and about 5 metres from the car reg.

It is quite dark as there are no street lights
What can i do to fix this issue?
This is the camera https://www.mayflex.com/product/DH-IPC-HDW4431EMP-ASE%202.8MM/4mp-epoe-wdr-fixed-eyeball-ntwrk-cam-2-8mm-ip67-ir
The Camera did not get purchased of the above company it is only for reference purpose's
Thanks


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: Infrared Issue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:08 am 
Registered User

Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 8

Offline
http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o70 ... d1qt3h.jpg
http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o70 ... u5nb3o.jpg

http://i1339.photobucket.com/albums/o70 ... 5dmux6.jpg


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: Infrared Issue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:02 pm 
Registered User

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 457

Offline
Car license plates are highly reflective and need a dedicated camera.
Your sons face is too close to the camera with the IR lighting on. If he were back another meter or so it might be ok. When the camera switches too night mode, the camera exposure is longer, letting you see a better static image at night, but any movement will be blurry. A seperate ir light will help, CMVision makes some affordable ones.
Or better yet, switch to a 2mp Dahua Starlight camera.
My pal Tommy will have some good advice too.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: Infrared Issue
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 2:12 pm 
Registered User

Joined: Aug 2014
Posts: 11

Offline
pash wrote:
HI what’s wrong with this,
my son looked at the camera and his face is all one white blob and the car reg is just a white rectangle
The installer has said it is because the infrared is so powerful and that is causing the faces to be white and unable to read car registrations at night.
Dahua say it is because the IR is turned off but i cannot find the option on my web browser to turn IR on.

The camera is just above the front door and about a metre or so away from my sons face and about 5 metres from the car reg.

It is quite dark as there are no street lights
What can i do to fix this issue?
This is the camera https://www.mayflex.com/product/DH-IPC- ... mm-ip67-ir
The Camera did not get purchased of the above company it is only for reference purpose's
Thanks


I dont know where everyone gets the advice they are giving. Sorry, not to be nasty. Lots of cameras, even branded, just does not have good IR. I used cameras from Eagleview and a bought a few from www.cctvnet.co.za. There is infrared cameras that will give you a good IR view even if the person is close to the camera. Usually the ones with LOW LUX, or StarView functions will do the job correctly. If the lux is too high (usually a problem of cheap branded products) you will have the white glare on faces since it only has the IR assisting it with night vision. The chip on the camera cannot give clear vision like this. Numberplates, another problem. It will give a glare. I propose you use, again, a starlight/starview super low lux camera. These cameras will even give color if there is enough moonlight/starlight or a few street lights. Numberplates will show, and faces will be clear.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: Infrared Issue
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 5:34 am 
Registered User

Joined: Apr 2017
Posts: 8

Offline
Thank you for your replies,
Dont suppose a brighter wall light next to my door would solve the face issue?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: Infrared Issue
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:29 am 
Registered User

Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 457

Offline
pash wrote:
Thank you for your replies,
Dont suppose a brighter wall light next to my door would solve the face issue?


It may solve the motion issue, but the face one meter away problem is too much light for that short of a distance.
And be wary of posters recommending spam sites.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

  
 Post subject: Re: Infrared Issue
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:41 am 
User avatar
Integrator

Joined: Aug 2009
Posts: 8861

Offline
Quote:
I dont know where everyone gets the advice they are giving. Sorry, not to be nasty.



Another one [-o<


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

It is currently Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:52 am

The contents of this webpage are copyright © 2003-2016 CCTVForum.com. All Rights Reserved.