I know of a larger customer in the area that had a lot of Sony PTZ cameras but was having lots of issues and not getting fixed. I have tested a couple of Sony cameras but price wise they are on the high end and compared to other cameras on the market I don't see a need to use them. Between Hikvision and Avigilon we everything covered in all price ranges.

Not to mention Avigilon now has their bullet and dome cameras with built in analtytics (VideoIQ). Below is a quick clip from the Rialto which is integrated into ACC

WrydyEPf2sc

Nice from Avigilon with the new video analytics. Remember Sony was pioneer to introduce cameras built in video analytics. The actual generation include video analytics as default in all cameras as standard feature. I recommend you to search on DEPA and specifically DEPA Advance. Are 6 filters plus analytics.

But there are many analytics softwares on the market with specific function. For me, I would like to compare both cameras Sony and Avigilon on low light conditions and comparing War capabilities.

That will resume the concept of quality image on any camera. Analytics... Will depend on each customer requirement and not necessary is related to the quality image.

That's my friendly opinion

Right, actually you may configure up to 3 different filters working simultaneously on each camera. Each filter has to be configured in detail to avoid false alarms or false response.

Also you can do it on the software, not only on the camera. So if something fail on the field without the software, you can set it thru web browser, with the right access obviously.

It is nice, actually ONSSI works fine with Sony too, it accepts DEPA. If you don't like RSM, it is another option.

But there are many analytics softwares on the market with specific function. For me, I would like to compare both cameras Sony and Avigilon on low light conditions and comparing War capabilities.

That will resume the concept of quality image on any camera. Analytics... Will depend on each customer requirement and not necessary is related to the quality image.

That's my friendly opinion

I agree.

Also, I would LOVE to compare those cameras in low light conditions.

I will ask our polish Avigilon distributor, but I doubt they will send me sample for testing.

You will not be disappointed with Avigilon's Lightcatcher cameras in low light.

As for the analytics Avigilon's does things a little different than what Sony does (and others for that matter)

Spending all that time configuring the analytics in the Sony cameras sounds like lots of fun then having to come back onsite to reconfigure them if anything changes in the scene is a real time suck. There is NO setup configuration for the analytics in Avigilon's cameras and you DON'T have to reconfigure them every time the scene changes.

Just plug the camera into the network and point it at the scene. The adaptive analytics camera will then automatically start learn the FOV and detect people and cars. The best part it is it actually works very well

Edited by Guest

Sony's ViewDR (WDR) is very good.

Sony's low light capability is not so good.

Avigilon's Lightcatcher is very good for low light conditions.

You will not be disappointed with Avigilon's Lightcatcher cameras in low light.

As for the analytics Avigilon's does things a little different than what Sony does (and others for that matter)

Spending all that time configuring the analytics in the Sony cameras sounds like lots of fun then having to come back onsite to reconfigure them if anything changes in the scene is a real time suck. There is NO setup configuration for the analytics in Avigilon's cameras and you DON'T have to reconfigure them every time the scene changes.

Just plug the camera into the network and point it at the scene. The adaptive analytics camera will then automatically start learn the FOV and detect people and cars. The best part it is it actually works very well

I have SONY EB630 - FullHD, lowlight, WDR camera for about 860 USD GPL. What Avigilon cam should I take to compare?

Korgoth,

depends on what you want to test against i guess. Low-Light with color go with the 1.3L-H3-B2 which is the 1.3MP box body and 3-9mm auto-zoom/auto-focus lens.

Want to test analytics and wide dynamic range use the 2.0W-H3A-B01-IR which is the bullet style camera with a 3-9mm lens. You can download the Avigilon server software from their website for a free 30day trial as well.

Hi guys

Have a look at this site zeecure.com/reports/bullet-camera-shoot-out it compares many bullet cameras with videos that you can download.

All cameras are compared in control environment. I compared the videos quality of the images that you can download once a member (free membership) and didn't take the features into consideration and Avigilon picture wasn't outstanding when you compared the cost to picture quality. I am only commenting on what you see and not taking the extra cost you pay for branding and support. I was expecting for Avigilon bullet to blow the rest away.

Korgoth,

depends on what you want to test against i guess. Low-Light with color go with the 1.3L-H3-B2 which is the 1.3MP box body and 3-9mm auto-zoom/auto-focus lens.

Want to test analytics and wide dynamic range use the 2.0W-H3A-B01-IR which is the bullet style camera with a 3-9mm lens. You can download the Avigilon server software from their website for a free 30day trial as well.

I decided I will go for 2.0W-H3A-B01 bullet, and compare it to SONY EB632R and Vivotek IP8355H + ACTi E31 software WDR crap for reference image.

WDR test:

- 3.0 Lux

- shutter minimum set to 1/30

- Bitrate VBR but max set to 12Mbps

- AGC auto

- BLC auto

Nice comparison! The Sony's the clear winner in resolvable detail, and the Vivotek's second best, with better colors but a little less detail. Avigilon's not too good, and ACTi is useless.

Most cameras cannot handle both bright lights and low light equally well.

Cameras that are optimized for wide dynamic range are good for bright light conditions but not so good for low light conditions.

Also, cameras that are optimized for low light are good for low light conditions but not so good for bright light conditions.

The new Q3505-VE from Axis offers the best of both worlds with optimization and auto switching for both bright light and low light conditions.

http://www.axis.com/products/q35_series/index.htm

http://www.axis.com/files/datasheet/ds_q3505_v_ve_58180_en_1408_lo.pdf

The colors and blacks look much better on the Avigilon bullet than the Sony camera...

In the second set, the Vivotek comes out ahead of the Sony, and appears to have a much better WDR compression. The Avigilon colors look good, but the details are not good compared to the Sony or Vivotek.

I look at how well you can read the text, which is a pretty key indicator of how well the details resolve from the shadows. On the Vivotek, you can not only read the text in the shadows clearly, but you can see the structure of the lightbulb as well. This is pretty impressive WDR.

Maybe not too real-world, but it sure handled the extremes nicely.

The Vivotek is half the resolution of the Sony, but is half the price as well.

Most cameras cannot handle both bright lights and low light equally well.

Cameras that are optimized for wide dynamic range are good for bright light conditions but not so good for low light conditions.

Also, cameras that are optimized for low light are good for low light conditions but not so good for bright light conditions.

The new Q3505-VE from Axis offers the best of both worlds with optimization and auto switching for both bright light and low light conditions.

http://www.axis.com/products/q35_series/index.htm

http://www.axis.com/files/datasheet/ds_q3505_v_ve_58180_en_1408_lo.pdf

The colors and blacks look much better on the Avigilon bullet than the Sony camera...

That camera is also right at a G dealer cost.

I think the WDR in the Vivotek is good but since the FOVs are different you can't compare the details in the image.

The Vivotek image of the 3D Glasses box is 180 pixels wide, while the Sony is 200 pixels wide. That's pretty close, and if anything, the Sony should slightly give better detail with the slightly higher PPI resolution, but it's too washed out.

The Vivotek is the only one where the detail on the box behind the light is relatively clear. The small text on the Diablo box is definitely clearer on the Sony, possibly because of the higher PPI resolution in less challenging light area.

I'm not saying one camera's better than the other in general, but for WDR performance, I don't think I've seen anything better than the Vivotek in that price range.

I think the WDR in the Vivotek is good but since the FOVs are different you can't compare the details in the image.

The Vivotek image of the 3D Glasses box is 180 pixels wide, while the Sony is 200 pixels wide. That's pretty close, and if anything, the Sony should slightly give better detail with the slightly higher PPI resolution, but it's too washed out.

The Vivotek is the only one where the detail on the box behind the light is relatively clear. The small text on the Diablo box is definitely clearer on the Sony, possibly because of the higher PPI resolution in less challenging light area.

I'm not saying one camera's better than the other in general, but for WDR performance, I don't think I've seen anything better than the Vivotek in that price range.

This.

Also, the lamp has 104x104 pixels on Vivotek, and on for example Avigilon it's 114x114 pixels, not much difference.

I understand that you are surprised by those results (so am I), I would make some shots on 1280x720 to make same aspect ratio, but I have to return Avigilon cam back to distributor :/

Maybe if I ask them nicely for a one extra week they will agree and I will make some other tests

Also SONY will send me HD bullet cam with even better WDR (this one was 90dB, HD is 130dB, wanna see that).