kinkachou

Hotel Video Surveillance Recommendation(1080p, BNC, 20 cams)

We are interested in upgrading our existing hotel video surveillance system from the Lorex LH126000 to a system that supports higher resolution. We would like to move away from Lorex, as their software is buggy and not designed well.

I haven’t had much luck in finding websites where there are reviews or comparisons of different DVRs, so I’m hoping someone here will be kind enough to give me their suggestions. Here is a detailed list of my boss’s requirements:

Support for at least 20 cameras at 1080p.

Compatible with Lorex mc7570 cameras and BNC 75 ohm wiring and can handle 1080p over the existing analog wiring. If possible, a dvr also compatible with POE cameras for future upgrades.

Expandable to at least 4TB.

Ability for multiple users to connect over the internet via a laptop, Android phone or iPhone.

Playback speed up to 64x with ability to scroll through the video during playback.

Good customer support, as most staff are not tech-savvy.

Audio-in for at least 4 cameras.

Under $1000.

Thank you very much for any recommendations or advice you can give me.

We are interested in upgrading our existing hotel video surveillance system from the Lorex LH126000 to a system that supports higher resolution. We would like to move away from Lorex, as their software is buggy and not designed well.

I haven’t had much luck in finding websites where there are reviews or comparisons of different DVRs, so I’m hoping someone here will be kind enough to give me their suggestions. Here is a detailed list of my boss’s requirements:

Support for at least 20 cameras at 1080p.

Compatible with Lorex mc7570 cameras and BNC 75 ohm wiring and can handle 1080p over the existing analog wiring. If possible, a dvr also compatible with POE cameras for future upgrades.

Expandable to at least 4TB.

Ability for multiple users to connect over the internet via a laptop, Android phone or iPhone.

Playback speed up to 64x with ability to scroll through the video during playback.

Good customer support, as most staff are not tech-savvy.

Audio-in for at least 4 cameras.

Under $1000.

Thank you very much for any recommendations or advice you can give me.

Sound like 1 star Hotel with 1 star budget

Pretty much. We don't really need top of the line, just something that will allow us to have a bit higher quality in some areas. I'm sure we could go a bit over $1000 for the DVR if there is a considerable jump in quality.

Pretty much. We don't really need top of the line, just something that will allow us to have a bit higher quality in some areas. I'm sure we could go a bit over $1000 for the DVR if there is a considerable jump in quality.

To quote Darryl Kerrigan.

"Tell him he's dreamin son."

My home system DVR cost more than that.

1080p analog is really going to be the dealbreaker there. You could convert to an all digital system, but you'd need to change all the cameras and convert each of the bnc cables to ethernet using some media converters. Not a cheap proposition.