glenncol

Hikvision or Dahua

Hello All

I have been looking at geting some cameras for around the house and had a few questions

I like the look of the Turret style cameras like the Hikvision 2CD2332-I, i understand this can be mounted on the ceiling or wall, can it be mounted on the wall without using the addition wall bracket?

Is the Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I as good as the 2CD2332-I in term of picture quality and function?

And last question, with the camers i have mentioned how do the Dahau cameras in the same range stack up

If you use the cameras in home, Outdoor the PTZ Cameras or Bullet Cameras are good for you.

And For the choose Hikivision or DAHUA, The Hikivision is clear and soft for the resolution.

If you want see the Hikivision Resolution ,could contact me.

I have DEMO Link for the Hikivisions.

Hey Man

clearly the above people are just trying to make a sales pitch.

I'm in Canada Ontario and we sell both products.

HIKVISION imo has better quality products. But for Dahua it is easier for me to get more accessories

like junction boxes, wall mount brackets and so on

Both are superb quality though you won't go wrong picking either one.

For the hikvision turrent style you might need a junction box to hide the POE connector on the brick wall.

let me know if you have any other questions i could recommend something in more detail as well.

this is all assuming your using IP cameras.

both are great products.

Hey Man

clearly the above people are just trying to make a sales pitch.

I'm in Canada Ontario and we sell both products.

HIKVISION imo has better quality products. But for Dahua it is easier for me to get more accessories

like junction boxes, wall mount brackets and so on

Both are superb quality though you won't go wrong picking either one.

For the hikvision turrent style you might need a junction box to hide the POE connector on the brick wall.

let me know if you have any other questions i could recommend something in more detail as well.

this is all assuming your using IP cameras.

both are great products.

Hey Bhawan

Thanks heaps mate, exactly the information i needed.

I am just setting up and will be running all IP, at this point i have a Synology NAS running the Surveillance station and i have the Cisco POE switch at hand but no cameras as yet.

I have 2 model Hikvisions in mind and was wondering what your thoughts are of both

DS-2CD2332-I

DS-2CD2032-I

Are they the same camera in different formats? are they as good as each other?

The Image resolution is the same the housings are different. The bullet IMO is better suited for the home especially if you are installing on a brick wall. I personally am not a fan of the turrent style camera but to each their own. Spec wise they are the same.

Dahua firmware updates are very hard to find. Hikvision updates it's firmware often and the updates are easy to identify and obtain.

IMHO, Hikvision is the way to go.