Sign in to follow this  
bramezan

camera/electrical noise

I have a few cameras on my network that have a lot of electrical noise. Is there a camera that can filter out all the noise or a device that i can put in-line with the camera to correct this?

I have a few cameras on my network that have a lot of electrical noise. Is there a camera that can filter out all the noise or a device that i can put in-line with the camera to correct this?

Hi. You will need to post picture of your camera screen and give more info on products used and how you have connected them ......cable type cable length how powered

As the others said, you ideally want to identify the source of the line noise. By what you stated "..cameras on my network..", I presume you have a POE system? If for some reason you don't, you can check to see if your cameras are dual voltage. Sometimes an AC power supply won't reproduce the noise you see with a DC power supply.

If you do have a POE system, follow all your cable runs. CAT5/6 should cross wires perpendicularly and where they have to run parallel, make sure they are 1 foot or more away from the parallel run. If you've checked this and you still have issues, I'd look at re-terminating the rj45 connectors. If this has been done and you still have issues, I'd connect a new "temporary" cable to the run to see if the noise is relevant. If not, then you may have a bad cable or you may have missed an area causing the interference.

Please post back your findings.

With IP Camera System, there is a very slim chance for any noise, except IR interference at night, creeping into a video signal. If not by IR interferences, you better change your IP camera, if it must be bad even in the daytime. Why? IP cameras are supposed to send compressed bit stream. Any single bit error influenced under noise conditions does destroy the 2~3 seconds of video clips completely.

With IP Camera System, there is a very slim chance for any noise, except IR interference at night, creeping into a video signal. If not by IR interferences, you better change your IP camera, if it must be bad even in the daytime. Why? IP cameras are supposed to send compressed bit stream. Any single bit error influenced under noise conditions does destroy the 2~3 seconds of video clips completely.

2 to 3 SECONDS of video loss