Jayasheel

HIKVISION DS-7116 HWI Mouse not detected and beeping on boot

Hi All,

I bought a new Hikvision DS-7100HWI DVR and have problems configuring it. The system boots up and shows the images from one of the camera connected. However the USB mouse (that came with the DVR) is not showing any arrow on the screen (It does turn on the red sensor light though). The DVR keeps beeping continuously (3 long beeps and 2 short beeps). Without the mouse I am not able to operate the device. I have not connected a hard disk yet but I should have the option to disable the exceptions at least using the mouse.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Jay

Machine thinks there is a hard drive error (since there's no HD) , it will beep until you install a HD and format it.

If you need to turn off the beeping, go to configuration-->exceptions-> change to All-->apply

I understand machine complains about missing components but to even turn those beeps off I need the mouse to be working. I am planning to connect a hard drive and also try with a different mouse. I only have wireless mouse so not sure it that will work.

Have also sent a query to hikvision support email, will update here the outcome. Thanks.

I understand machine complains about missing components but to even turn those beeps off I need the mouse to be working. I am planning to connect a hard drive and also try with a different mouse. I only have wireless mouse so not sure it that will work.

Have also sent a query to hikvision support email, will update here the outcome. Thanks.

Try with both analog BNC output and VGA output. Also, turn on the DVR with the mouse connected and the monitors ON. If you do not get mouse cursor, disconnect and connect again the mouse.

I have had some customers with that same problem. I have no clue on what monitor they use, but the problem has always been on the customers side, when they bring the DVR to test here it always works great in our set ups.

Try with both analog BNC output and VGA output. Also, turn on the DVR with the mouse connected and the monitors ON. If you do not get mouse cursor, disconnect and connect again the mouse.

I have had some customers with that same problem. I have no clue on what monitor they use, but the problem has always been on the customers side, when they bring the DVR to test here it always works great in our set ups.

Yeah if you don't plug in the monitor before you turn it on, it might be stuck on a secondary menu display.

because the machine is set to display the menu in this order when its set to 'auto':

HDMI->VGA->BNC

So turn off the machine, plug in your vga monitor, turn on the machine, menu should display in the VGA monitor if your mouse works.

You can change this setting in the NVR under Configuration->General->more settings

Okay. I connected my SATA hard disk and also changed the VGA cable, one camera was connected. Everything worked perfect, mouse was detected and wizard came up in the beginning. So I am guessing it's the hard disk that made the difference. Surprisingly in the first DVR I received I had connected the hard disk (but no camera) and the mouse was not detected, I had to send it back for replacement.

So in summary, we seem to need all the components connected.

Thanks everyone.

I have the same problem on a ds7604NI-VP

1 beep when boots then Hikvision logo apears then 3 long 2 short beeps then the camera image apears the beeping continues and no mouse and then the DVR restarst and the same is happening over and over.