acableconnection

I dont need to record, what are the options

A buddy of mine wants to install cameras in his elderly grandmas house. He does not need to record, only wants to watch live video, to make sure she hasnt fallen. Is there another option to watch live video, besides a cheap dvr? no computer at location

A buddy of mine wants to install cameras in his elderly grandmas house. He does not need to record, only wants to watch live video, to make sure she hasnt fallen. Is there another option to watch live video, besides a cheap dvr? no computer at location

All you need for one camera is a monitor with a composite video input unless he wants to watch them remotely. If he does, he will need either a DVR with internet capability or a computer with internet access and frame grabber card(s). You can also use a "quad" to monitor up to four cameras locally.

Get IP cams, no recording and integrated webservers.

Also you could do analog cams and a streamer/s. Same effect might be cheaper, well probably will be cheaper. Get decent BW bullets with wide angle lenses and some cheapo streamers. This will work very well as you already know who is on the video you just want to see movement.

Yap Ip cams with WAN integrated. You can get some cheap ones 640x480 (with a nice image) for less than €100.

Well, ip camera is the most straight forward choice for you. You have one more option is using video server that stream analog camera to internet. As you're using 4 camera, using video server may give you an edge as you can collect all analog cam to a 4-splitter and then video server, who setup must be of lowest cost to you.

Or you need 4 ip camera each definitely cost much more than an analog one.

Welcome to PM me if you want more information.

Rgds, dove

Well, ip camera is the most straight forward choice for you. You have one more option is using video server that stream analog camera to internet. As you're using 4 camera, using video server may give you an edge as you can collect all analog cam to a 4-splitter and then video server, who setup must be of lowest cost to you.

Or you need 4 ip camera each definitely cost much more than an analog one.

Welcome to PM me if you want more information.

Rgds, dove

If he wants to go cheap pick up a couple of these:

http://www2.panasonic.com/consumer-electronics/shop/Cameras-Camcorders/Network-Cameras/PetCams/model.BL-C10A_11002_7000000000000005702

He can link the cameras together, they're easy to install and they're cheap.

Personally, I don't like them just because I'm used to higher end cameras, but should be fine for what he needs. I know a guy that's running over 30.

Good Luck!