tonnymathieu

Looking for viewer for PC that is not supporting ActiveX

I would like to view my Avermedie 1304Net through the net from a PC which is not supporting ActiveX due to security restrictions.

Does anybody know such a viewer?

Thanks

Sorry thats the only way known you have to use the remote software that came with the dvr. Software from another company will not work with someone elses dvr. Have your IT department look at and read the specifications on your dvr and setup your pc to only work with this software its not a had thing to do as we have done this in banks and schools on many installs.

The only other way I have done this, is through a "Log Me In" account. Your DVR should be on the Ethernet of your home , 192.168.10.XX. I can go through LogMeIn and view the live video feed. Tried it at a couple of different locations ( even ex-wifes' house) and it worked. Actually, I was surprised that it did.

The only other way I have done this, is through a "Log Me In" account. Your DVR should be on the Ethernet of your home , 192.168.10.XX. I can go through LogMeIn and view the live video feed. Tried it at a couple of different locations ( even ex-wifes' house) and it worked. Actually, I was surprised that it did.

Well.. in that case u should put that down as a requirement, and shop for a DVR that support non-activex viewing. I'm suprise that no dvr had come up with a flash based viewer yet, given the popularity of flash and the non-existant of restriction of running flash almost anywhere.

AVTech support JAVA applet viewing , but the remote quality sucks.

Logme in is essentially a VNC application. You'll need to install activex also actually for the logmein to work. But they have other version i think that support mac, java, etc. You'll need to have another PC that's installed with the activex to vnc in to login to the dvr for it to work.

I was able to use the LogMeIn by accessing the link from another PC. My home PC has already installed the Avermedia ActiveX control, so I was basically accessing my Home PC, as 1 Avermedia is on the LAN. The 2 locations I tried from, would not allow me to install the ActiveX control on the PC's I was using remotely.

Thanks for the logmein tip! We use it a lot on the IT side of the business. I never really thought about how to use it on the cctv side...

I had never used it before , either. VST_man is the one that told me about it. Thanks go to Kerry. I just tried it in a "fluke", as I was at a large company that blocks all downloads, as I guess their employees were downloading music, etc. ?? I tried it , and it worked. Believe me, I was surprised as much as anyone. I assumed that I had to have a VPN to do this, but I guess I didn't.

You do need to install it on the DVR though. Also, Ultra VNC has something similar.

tonnymathieu, why not use the remote client software that came with it? It is not browser based as far as I know.

It will work with logmein. Log me in can pretty much avoid any firewalls, and you don't need a vpn. Only thing is your video quality won't be that great, but it's better then nothing .