mkurtzhals

Hikvision DVR; cannot PTZ remotely

We are using a Hikvision DVR and setup remote access to the box and can view the cameras remotely real-time. We can do PTZ locally on the DVR but cannot use the remote client software to use PTZ. We get remote control failed. Any ideas, not too much for documentation on these devices.

Thanks,

We are using a Hikvision DVR and setup remote access to the box and can view the cameras remotely real-time. We can do PTZ locally on the DVR but cannot use the remote client software to use PTZ. We get remote control failed. Any ideas, not too much for documentation on these devices.

Thanks,

Either not enough bandwidth, or you did not authoriseds the account logged in using to the remote to allow for PTZ control. Their DVR pretty much enable you to set authority level for everything, right down to which cameras can each users see. Make sure authority for remote ptz control is enable for that user. It's different from local ptz control.

Thanks for the reply, we are logged in with the admin account and have rights to set all the rights on everything. I am using version 4.01 of the client software. According to the tech he could move the cameras locally. They are LG cameras and he actually had to set them to PELCo to get the PTZ to work locally. I am guessing that might be something to do with why we cannot ptz remotely.

Thansk,

Thanks for the reply, we are logged in with the admin account and have rights to set all the rights on everything. I am using version 4.01 of the client software. According to the tech he could move the cameras locally. They are LG cameras and he actually had to set them to PELCo to get the PTZ to work locally. I am guessing that might be something to do with why we cannot ptz remotely.

Thansk,

So that's an issue of protocol, yes?

I'm going to buy a new brand Standalone DVR(for home use), but there's too many brands in the market nowadays, how about Hikvision that you are using now? I have heard about TMvideo brand, do you know this?