gennysa

Software for BNC camera

Hi all,

i'm looking for a good software for my camera connected via Bnc on BNC PCI Card..

I'm new in this technology and I don't know nothing

Please help me.. Thank you

Hi, the DVR card normally comes with the software required.

What model is the card?

the card is pico2000 have pico2000 sw ... but it does'nt work fine...

The only help we can give you is to contact the company you bought the card from. DVR's will only work with the brand software that came with the system. You can not use software from one DVR maker on another brand DVR.

When you say does not work very well what are the problems you are have? System crashing? Slow or choppy remote video? Bad or not clear pictures?

Pico2000 is well known for its pirated versions out there, might be the issue you are having. Where did you buy the card from (just a general location)?

The only help we can give you is to contact the company you bought the card from. DVR's will only work with the brand software that came with the system. You can not use software from one DVR maker on another brand DVR.

When you say does not work very well what are the problems you are have? System crashing? Slow or choppy remote video? Bad or not clear pictures?

Thanks for your answer...

The problems are in the bad picture... my software don't have any utility to configure my cam (colour, brightness, ecc....)

Pico2000 is well known for its pirated versions out there, might be the issue you are having. Where did you buy the card from (just a general location)?

Thanks rory,

i did buy the card on ebay...

Talking from experience , I would first check to see what quality of video you can get from the camera. Get a BNC-to-RCA adapter, and connect your camera directly to a TV or monitor with a Video-In input. What you see on the monitor, is usually the best video quality you'll ever get (if anything, the DVR card will slightly degrade the quality due to digitalization artifacts).

If the image quality is poor, well, focus on what can be done on the camera to improve it.

If the image on the monitor is dramatically better than what you get from the DVR, you can look for an online manual... but I would not raise my expectations too much if the card/software is not original

You can read more about the piracy problem with these cards on this page

http://www.novexcanada.com/pricelist.htm

All "new" Pico 2000 offered today are illegal copies - just check the version number under "Utility" and "System Information" and you will see versions 1.7 or 1.8 , not to mention that the cost most likely is symbolic - 1 to 50 USD per set - a telltale sign for pirate , copy product.

I think their web page is messed up though, as the text quoted above seems to be invisible (but you can see it if you highlight the whole page to make all text visible)

You could always try asking the seller for a refund if you bought it new I guess...