bobw

avtech sound

Avtech 782 box is recording and playing sound ok but I can't access the sound over the internet .

Read the manual but there's no mention of this.

Is it possible to hear it over the internet? Have I missed a step out?

Thanks

Bob

I am not familiar with the Avtech but the others I have used usually have to select which camera the sound is assigned to in order to have sound play back.

I have never set up an AVTech DVR for audio recording.

I would imagine that when you go to camera #1 you should be able to hear audio #1, and when you go to camera #2 you should be able to hear audio #2.

When using audio I use a different DVR so I am out of the loop on this one.

Are you asking to hear the audio in real time over the internet, or are you asking to hear the audio on recorded files that are placed on to your remote computer's desk top, or are you having audio problems after you convert to AVI?

I want to hear it in real time.

Audio is on channel 1 but I record and play back with four pics on screen and the sound comes out OK. I don't have to select one channel.

The machine is an Avtech 782.

I want to hear it in real time.

Audio is on channel 1 but I record and play back with four pics on screen and the sound comes out OK. I don't have to select one channel.

The machine is an Avtech 782.

I come late, but anyway it's not late to say CONGRATULATIONS for you've find the wayout

Jasmine

www.tmvideo.cn

?????? As I said, everything works fine on site, it just won't play the sound over the internet.

?????? As I said, everything works fine on site, it just won't play the sound over the internet.

The AVTECH 782 4ch DVR does not transmit live sound, It is only capable of transmitting JPEG video.

The AVTECH IP cameras can transmit audio.

Thanks for your reply.

I was beginning to suspect that it didn't transmit live since there was no mention of it anywhere.

Does that mean that if I download a backup over the net I won't get any sound either because that will have recorded the sound?

Thanks for your reply.

I was beginning to suspect that it didn't transmit live since there was no mention of it anywhere.

Does that mean that if I download a backup over the net I won't get any sound either because that will have recorded the sound?

Oh, dear you can try that,,,

Thanks for your reply.

Oh, dear you can try that,,,

Nope it won't.

AVTech can only playback or listen to sound live on the Audio Output on the DVR. Overnetwork, they are useless on most of their DVR.

Only the new AVC71X Series can do that. But it still retain the "VNC" feature of all AVC recorder. i.e. login over internet, choose a camera, your monitor connected to the DVR will also change. Search, your monitor will also see the searching images.

Yes, I noticed that.

The only upside to it is that it makes the staff paranoid at work because they know that I'm looking in

The AVC-785 records the audio with the channel it's connected to. If you download a recorded portion of that channel the audio should be with it. I can't get live audio, but works ok when recorded.

Dave

Yes, I noticed that.

The only upside to it is that it makes the staff paranoid at work because they know that I'm looking in

I don't know what you mean?

It's illegal to watch others privacy,,,

You can use it to check the situation with CARE attitude out of management mind, but better not to keep looking in and make your staff paranoid,,, no matter you are the clerk managing the surveillance or you are the boss of the company,,,