simo923

XP install advice

Well, ahead of me ordering my 4 GV-1480s to build the big system i have bought a spare GV-1480 and the components for a cheap PC. This is just to get my hand in and get used to Geovision before i have to build the big system.

The whole system will be running in XP SP2. Does anyone have an experience with stripping down XP specifically for Geovision kit? Are there any recommendations for services to stop, parts of the OS to leave it. This system is purely for running the GV-1480. Control Centre will be viewing the cameras from another workstation.

Incidentally. These are the components i bought to build this low end demo system. If anyone sees any problems with it, tell me off.....thanks

Gigabyte GA-945GCM-S2L i945GC Socket 775 onboard VGA 6 channel audio mATX Motherboard - Qty: 1

Intel Core 2 Duo E4500 2.2GHz Socket 775 800FSB 2MB L2 Cache OEM Processor - Qty: 1

Antler 500W PSU 80mm Fan - 20+4pin, 2x SATA, 1x PCI-E - Qty: 1

OCZ (OCZ26671024V) 1GB DDR2-667 PC2-5400 CL 5-5-5-15 VALUE SERIES MODULE (LIFETIME WARRANTY) - Qty: 2

Maxtor STM3160215AS 160GB SATAII 7200RPM 2MB Cache - OEM - Qty: 1

Check out Rory's "TweaK" program, its great for speeding up systems and stopping un-necessary services.

where is that exactly?

gone, for now. I have more tweaks to add and a couple to remove so I took it offline, if persons are interested in starting the project again, let me know and we can do it, yes we can

Been stripping down XP for Eee PC over the past week and that has been fun .. I need a Geo DVR system sitting in front of me to work on Geo again though ..

where is that exactly?

gone, for now. I have more tweaks to add and a couple to remove so I took it offline, if persons are interested in starting the project again, let me know and we can do it, yes we can

I would be interested in it as I need to speed up my computer as pretty slow.