joe4

Fujinon YV5X2.7R4B-SA2L 2.7-13.5mm - Looks B/W?

The lens itself would not be a day/night and the camera is also not a day/night camera. You might need to adjust the lens and also make sure your camera is set properly. Since this is an autoiris lens make sure the camera's automatic light control is set to off. Then make sure the DC/Vid switch is set to DC. There will also be a small adjustment pot to vary the lens opening so try adjusting that. Both products are good quality brands so it is most likely an adjustment problem and not defective equipment.

I believe what they are saying is that the lenses work in both daytime and nighttime lighting conditions.

F360 (T360) is necessary to deal with the day light and the f1.3 or lower is good for night time (f0.95 being faster and thus better for low light applications).

Have you tried using the AGC function within geovision. Click on video attribute from the configure menu then choose standard and press the agc button.

Hope this helps

check the camera with a monitor, at the camera, without the original cable. Are you using RG-59 siamese (RG-59 wpower)? Good cable makes ALL the difference. If your using premade "junk", as I call it, those cables deliver poor performance, ie. lousy pic, voltage drops, unable to maintain the mA current required to bring camera upto optimal operating specs. If good pic, recheck your connectors. If the cable run is beyond 100ft, look at the power, wire used, and connections. I've had camera problems like you just described and found all of the above issues to be the problems in most cases. Many times some will connect several camera's that max out a power supplies Amp rating which will have an immediate impact on the over systems power and amps. Low amps equals poor performance.

Can't disagree with you VST_Man, it does sound like a cable problem.

Generally speaking, with long runs or poor quality cable, it's always the chrominance (Colour) signal which is stripped off way before the luminance (Black and White) begins to degrade.

I would acctually be surprised if it is a power supply issue, as I would expect other problems apart from loss of colour.

Time to get the test monitor out joe4; hope you get it sorted.

The Ganz is a dual voltage camera so you can use either power supply.

Sounds like you might have a cable problem. Have you tried hooking up the camera using a different cable?