gexamb

Need one Wireless Camera setup, Any suggestions?

Im looking to out up one wireless camera at my place of work to view the outside side door. The distance the receiver and transmitter would be is about 50 feet max. I found one here:

http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/wireless-outdoor-nightvision-camera.html

any good?........

We already have a security system setup in place with a 16 ch dvr, and i just need to add another camera as wireless because of landlord issues with the cabling. I understand that I still need to run a power line to the camera itself, but I dont think that is a problem. Running the BNC cable would be a problem so therefore I need the a wireless setup.

This camera has to be a night vision infrared camera because it would be used for recording after hours. Is the camera i linked any good? It looks like it would serve its purpose because I dont need it for long range. Any suggestions of a better wireless setup? The budget is pretty strict so I really do not want to go above the price of the camera I linked, but if you think it is worth posting it, then go ahead. Thank you for your time.

I've seen that camera posted on this site before. Now I can't find it, sorry. I think the poster said it was working for his situation.

But I have worked with those receivers before. I couldn't get it to work well any further then line of sight across the room. I was getting horizontal roll and some crazy color swirl.

If no one can give you a better answer I would check that sites return policy. Maybe you can return it if it doesn't work for you? My guess is it won't work for you. That 100m distance is for line of sight. So every wall you have to penetrate will cut that distance way down. And if the walls are metal or brick you will have a big challenge.

Let us know how it works out for you!

BTW, Some DVRs don't seem to like wireless cameras!

Is the problem horizontal roll and some crazy color swirl?

If Walmart sells it I'm skeptical. At least it would be easy to return!

C7 in CA

" Is the problem horizontal roll and some crazy color swirl?"

Usually jitters but have had them affect other camera channels also.

Some people have had better but mixed results with the 1.2 ghz 700 mw seperate transmitters/receivers out of China, using a good quality camera.

any suggestions of a better wireless camera or just the receivers/transmitters?

I would buy it and test if it was me, but my boss does not like the idea of waiting and testing. Which camera would any of you suggest?

thanks.

For the budget you posted The Astak CCD is about as good as your going to do. The one you posted is a 1/3" vs the Astak being a 1/4" CCD.

The 017-CAM-400ir receiver looks just like the ones supplied with the cheap CMOS cameras on eBay.

A good TX/RX setup without a camera will cost more than either unit.

Whatever you buy be sure it is really a CCD type camera.

Good Luck!

For the budget you posted The Astak CCD is about as good as your going to do. The one you posted is a 1/3" vs the Astak being a 1/4" CCD.

The 017-CAM-400ir receiver looks just like the ones supplied with the cheap CMOS cameras on eBay.

A good TX/RX setup without a camera will cost more than either unit.

Whatever you buy be sure it is really a CCD type camera.

Good Luck!

The one I chose is also a CCD and isn't 1/3" better than 1/4" since it is bigger? The Aztak has 27 leds and the other one has 56 leds. But if you are implying that there would be no difference in performance, then the Aztak would be worth a try. Thanks

Any other suggestions?

Usually a 1/3 is better than a 1/4 but I have not seen this 1/3 "camera in action and can't find any information on it using the model number.

I have seen the Astak cm-906d wireless CCD camera in use before. Its not much but is excellent for the price.

Bigger picture:

http://us.st11.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-44056207512616_1989_1181459

Specs: http://www.astak.com/CM906D.htm

Please post what you decide on and your end result.