dopalgangr

KT&C True Day/Night cam thinking of buying anyone used t

Hello,

I'm in need of a good sub 200.00 True/Daynight (or equiv) camera for my driveway and back yard and found the KT&C KPC-N630NH for a good price and dont know whether its a good camera or not. Has anyone here used it before? Here are the specs:

Specifications Highlights Documents

Resolution 550 TVL

Remote Included No

Power Supply Included No

Output Video Level 1 Vp-p, 75 Ohms

Operating Temperature -10 C ~ 50 C

Lux Rating 0 Lux (IR LED On)

Lens Focal Length 4mm Fixed Lens

IR LED IR LED 30ea

Image Sensor Sony 1/3

HD Included No

Gamma 0.45

Effective Pixels 768 x 494

Dimensions 60mm x 145mm (with sunshield)

CCD Type 1/3

CCD Manufacturer Sony

Brand KT&C

BLC Yes

AWB Yes

Audio Connector No

AGC Yes

Shutter Speed 1/60 ~ 1/100,000 sec auto

Signal To Noise Ratio More than 50dB

Storage Temperature -20 C ~ 60 C

Sync System Internal

Total Pixels 811 x 508

Video Connector Type BNC

Voltage DC12V

Thanks,

Dop

Edited by Guest

Hmm, no biters on that cam well how about any of the KT&C True Day/Night cameras in general??? Are they any good? Has anyone used them?? I have been thinking of the KPC-N600H series as of late. Any opinions

If their BW exview bullet camera is any indication of their night time images, you might want to look at another brand. In fact most of them are garbage these days. Out of most of the main OEM brands (as thats all there is in the Day Night IR Bullet camera range) after testing several of them all in the same location the other night, the best image I got was from an Eclipse ECL-598HIM bullet camera - still wasnt great though.

See the other thread about that, but the test included the Nuvico, CNB, WhizKid True Day Night IR Bullets, and also the KTC BW Exview, at the location. Only one that barely handled the extreme too much and too little lighting condition was the Eclipse, the rest just looked nasty. Well actually the CNB was not bad either, but I only had 2 and the 2nd one broke as soon as I went to adjust the focus, so that was out of the question - the 1st one was good though .. but still not as good an image nor did it have any worthy dip switch settings (had to take it apart to get to them actually). Nuvico's was good in the day and in pitch dark, but under varied lighting at night, image was no good, car lights and bright street lights blinded it, dark areas, remained dark and it would not go into BW completely nor use Full IR as it kept trying to compensate which caused lots of pixelisation. Never say never though, as it looked fine at my home .. didnt like the clients location is all.

As to the KT&C, that day night was probably the only other one I didnt test in this range of well known OEMs. I lie, there is also provideo . .. but they are double the price.

Basically manufacturers need to go back in time and take out some of their "new" technology so that they will make their cameras GOOD again .. all this new crap they are putting in them now is simply rubbish in most cases. Luckily the Eclipse model hasn't "evolved" that much .. yet.

Thanks for the response Rory, you just saved me 600 bucks!! I guess its back to the drawing board. I would go with the wizkids but they are outta my price range since I am stuck buying them at retail cost. Anywho, thanks again for the info.

We offer their cameras and have had good luck with them. I think it would be a worthwhile purchase. Also when there has been a problem, we have no problem getting it resolved.

Thanks,

Ryan

Hum.... My desktop that is capable of getting stills and video off of them is at the other end of the house from where the dvr is.

And my laptop dont have any video inputs.

I will see what kind of quality I can get thru my network this evening.

The only complaint I have is if its a foggy night and the camera is on motion it will record basically all night. Dang it.

So the way I have gotten around this is installing infra-red motion detectors to my dvr. No more false alarms from spiders, fog, and moths.

We used to use the N600 units from KT&C and they were decent. Good picture quality but the only issue I had was the longevity. It seemed the first few we had were a bad batch and fried after 2 months of being installed. Those were the 12V versions. We then warranty replaced those for the 24V version and we had much better luck. They are still kicking 2 years later. The daytime image is great and the nightime is sufficient. The IR does not extend as much as they claim, nor does anybodies, thats always marketing!

Its a good camera for the money. I believe extreme cctv sells the same (N600) camera under their own part number for about $150 more!

Hum.... My desktop that is capable of getting stills and video off of them is at the other end of the house from where the dvr is.

And my laptop dont have any video inputs.

I will see what kind of quality I can get thru my network this evening.

The only complaint I have is if its a foggy night and the camera is on motion it will record basically all night. Dang it.

So the way I have gotten around this is installing infra-red motion detectors to my dvr. No more false alarms from spiders, fog, and moths.

Were you able to get any pics? What do you think of the night time quality?

Thanks

And thanks securitymonster too!!!

I believe extreme cctv sells the same (N600) camera under their own part number for about $150 more!

why do you think that?

why do you think that?

Sorry, I meant the Extreme CCTV "Wizkid" line. The WZ16 is the same as the KPC-N600H from KT&C

Yeah I was figuring that but they look so different. At least from the KT&C Image, as I haven used one of them. The WizKid has the varifocal adjustments on the outside of the camera .. also has the star shaped holes instead of alan keys.